The Wyandotte Thread

Quote:
Ater seeing some of the LF Buff Wyandottes at Shawnee, I would almost trade my Buff Orpingtons for some good Buff Wyandotte LF/ Will he have any eggs available this season?

Heard a LF White Wyandotte won Champion LF at Pine Bluff, Arkansas today, We could not get loose to go.

Got my first SLW this last Friday and this is my first year raising chicks. Got 4 of the little fuzzy butts.
I went to the feed store awhile back (4 weeks ago) and they didn't have any SLW, so I ended up getting 3 production reds, 1 buff orpington, 1 Jersey Giant and 1 Easter Egger. So last Friday I needed some more feed and they had just got in a new batch of SLW!

My first batch of chicks were always making lots of noise and very active but the SLW are so quiet and calm. They are eating and drinking and look to be doing just fine. Are they always so quiet?

Quote:
So I know that I'm new but I'm curious as to what the Buff LF stands for? I'm rather in love with the Wyandottes and would love to see a picture if you have one!

Cheers
H

Hello AyeUpChuck, and
welcome-byc.gif

"Buff LF" means Buff (referring to the color) Large Fowl (as opposed to a bantam)

Quote:
So I know that I'm new but I'm curious as to what the Buff LF stands for? I'm rather in love with the Wyandottes and would love to see a picture if you have one!

Cheers
H

Sorry...Thanks Josie. yes, I was referring to LF:Large Fowl or Standards size. We have the Buff Wyandotte Bantam and would love to have some large fowl Buff Wyandottes. Seen some nice ones at Shawnee for sale, just ran low on money. Hmmm, buy chickens or gas home.....hope I made the right decision.

Quote:

Cheers
H

Sorry...Thanks Josie. yes, I was referring to LF:Large Fowl or Standards size. We have the Buff Wyandotte Bantam and would love to have some large fowl Buff Wyandottes. Seen some nice ones at Shawnee for sale, just ran low on money. Hmmm, buy chickens or gas home.....hope I made the right decision.

gas or chickens.....yup, hard choice
lol.png

Quote:
Gotcha. Thanks for that! I heart the LFs and Wyandottes as a whole. Does anyone know or breed Splash BLRW or Partridge breeds? They are just such beautiful birds

welcome-byc.gif
AyeUpChuck

Quote:

Cheers
H

Back
Top Bottom