The Wyandotte Thread

I recently hatched 2 eggs from Lester and the girls (bbs Wyandottes). Had put 3 of their eggs in the bator with the blue wheaten ameraucana eggs as fillers. OK, also cus I am curious on how their babies will turn out.

Babies are so cute. I will get some pics this evening when I get home from work.

Here are some pics of my babies that are almost 3 weeks old now
smile.png

blues...

81805_blrwblue.jpg

81805_splashblrwa2.jpg

81805_splashblrwa1.jpg

and this guy is... black?

81805_randomwyandotte.jpg

These are by far my friendliest right now. They RUN right up to me when I come outside.. too cute..

Has anyone seen or have any of Sand Hill Preservation Center's LF Buff Wyandottes? Do you know anything about them? Where they came from? From show lines or production lines? Anything else?

Here are the pics I took with the 2 Blue/Black Wyandottes. They moved around alot so it was hard to get them.

First is a hatch pic:
69377_dsc01321.jpg

Meeting their new playmates:
69377_dsc01334.jpg

A bit of rest;
69377_dsc01336.jpg

Checking out the goodies:
69377_dsc01347.jpg

One chick has yellow on her wings and the other has more black. They are both adorable. Hopefully they are both girls. The buff looking chicks are the Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas that are their hatch buddies.

These are my lovely Buff girls. I found them by chance last year and am so happy with them, they are my best layers and one of the girls is currently helping a duck hen brood eggs.
smile.png
...... (i just put 7 more pullets & 1 cockeral on order today! Due in early July!)

GEDC0113.JPG

GEDC0112.JPG

GEDC0108.JPG

GEDC0114.JPG

GEDC0116.JPG

GEDC0123.JPG

GEDC0126.JPG

And my couple Silver Laced girls(10wks)
GEDC0117.JPG

GEDC0118.JPG

GEDC0129.JPG

Has anyone here ever crossed a BLRW with a Buff? I have Buff hens & a Splash Blue Laced Red roo & I was planning on putting some eggs in the incubator in the next day or so. I was just wondering if anyone had pics of their outcomes?

This is "Pinky", named for his badly-colored legs.
111_0173.JPG

DSCN6115.JPG

111_0168.JPG

Follow-up on Bleenie's question* about breeding to splash roosters. Is there a breeding to splash that results in sex-links? I think someone mentioned that a while ago, possibly even in this thread, possibly in an answer to a less serious question of mine, but I can't find it now.

Secondarily: if you were driven to aquire a non-BLRW hen or hens to give your splash BLRW rooster more domestic tranquility, what colors of Wyandotte would make most sense? What (terrible to contemplate, I know!) non-Wyandotte breeds would be the best fit in a Wyandotte pen, either white egg layers so that eggs could be chosen for hatching more easily, or breedings producing sex-links, or both?

*Thought I recognized that photo on CL!

Did you see my ad for Wyandotte eggs wanted?
smile.png
I got a couple nice replies for SLW & BLRW eggs that arent too far away, i have to write them back in a little bit.

I also have some other, non-wyandotte hens, in the pen with him. since i am not sure exactly who's eggs are who's besides the olive's & RIR's, I just decided to set tham all and see what I get... Only keeping the chicks with rose combs though. I will pick out the mixes & roos once they're older. It should be fun to see the colors i get from buff x splashblr. splashy buff?
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom