The Wyandotte Thread

I wish I was close to anyone who has great chickens. Here in RI there is not much to pick from.
tongue.gif

Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:
Colby,
It must be both nice and a curse to be within driving distance from the Foley's. I am kind of glad I'm not as we would have several extra birds i am sure.

We love Colby
frow.gif
and not just because she is a good customer
lau.gif

Last edited:
Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:
Colby,
It must be both nice and a curse to be within driving distance from the Foley's. I am kind of glad I'm not as we would have several extra birds i am sure.

We love Colby
frow.gif
lau.gif

Mrs. Turbo,
I notice your BLR are looking so much better this year, on behalf of everyone involved with the variety I would like to extend a very special thank you to you and your husband for all the hard work and dedication you have brought to the variety. It is truly making a big difference for many.

Last edited:
Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:
we are debating on getting out of the blues and blacks all together..... just too much work here and now that Nathan is in high school he will have less time to help out.

We would love to buy a lot of your blues and blacks if you ever sell out of them.....we are focusing on them and the silver laced........my earlier shipment this year had about 9 blues/blacks in it but 7 of them were cockerels!!!​

Quote:
we are debating on getting out of the blues and blacks all together..... just too much work here and now that Nathan is in high school he will have less time to help out.

We would love to buy a lot of your blues and blacks if you ever sell out of them.....we are focusing on them and the silver laced........my earlier shipment this year had about 9 blues/blacks in it but 7 of them were cockerels!!!

looks like you have my luck... hope you got some nice pullets at least.
We haven't decided yet... we almost got out of them last year. We sold most of the hens as layers already because we have the pullets growing out to take their place.

Quote:
We love Colby
frow.gif
lau.gif

Mrs. Turbo,
I notice your BLR are looking so much better this year, on behalf of everyone involved with the variety I would like to extend a very special thank you to you and your husband for all the hard work and dedication you have brought to the variety. It is truly making a big difference for many.

Thank you....It has been a long road, lots of chicken feed and hard work to get to where we are now. We sell chicks out of the same pens we keep our chicks from so anyone can end up with nice birds like the ones pictured on our website. We hope more breeders will get serious and help us get them into the APA within the next 5 years.

Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:
Mrs. Turbo,

Thank you....It has been a long road, lots of chicken feed and hard work to get to where we are now. We sell chicks out of the same pens we keep our chicks from so anyone can end up with nice birds like the ones pictured on our website. We hope more breeders will get serious and help us get them into the APA within the next 5 years.​

I fully understand the time, feed, and work involved. Unfortunately we wont have known good breeder pens for BLR reset until 2013 with the recent loss of our last generation or breeder pullets that made the final cut and only having the cockrell left it really slowed progress. But I loaned the cockrell to a friend of ours who picked up teh last 4 pullets we let go of that were quite nice but each had very minor flaws compared to the ones we kept. We will be getting chicks out of them this fall and teh cockrell back as a cock bird when the replacements are ready for him, then the whole process starts over of proginy testing and culling based on offspring, then as teh pullets actually finish some more may be lost as well.

Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:
Colby,

We love Colby
frow.gif
lau.gif

Ahh, it's because I call myself "The Annex". Now all I have to do is get into calls. The magpies ARE spectacular.
droolin.gif

Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:
Colby,

We love Colby
frow.gif
lau.gif

Mrs. Turbo, your inbox is full!

Quote:
Not to change the subject, but was looking over your website sjarvis00. I lived at Pink in 1990/91. I had Buff Orp Bantams back then. Still would if a short person had not stolen them from me. Nicole is 6 and still has me feed and water lots of days, but she gathers those eggs before anyone can get them. She calls them BOBs. I tried to get her started on Buff Wyandotte Bantams. No way. She likes the single comb. Well at least I get to keep my Buff dottes!

We bought 7 dozen eggs from Andy Anderson while on vacation. They should hatch soon. A friend set them for us. Overa dozen Columbian Wy Bantams. Hoping we get a good hatch. There is also some Buff, Black, GL and BLR Wy Bantams. One dozen was BOBs and another dozen was RC/SC RIR Bantams. That left five dozen Wyandotte Bantam eggs. The price was right and I know my hatchaholic friend would hatch them. He leaves two Sportsmans going 24/7/365. He thinks they stay stable better if you don't shut them off. No complaint here. Our Genesis only holds so many eggs, even with the top two trays in. (Yes, I know it only has one tray, but we have had good hatches with two rows of eggs on top).

Quote:
Not to change the subject, but was looking over your website sjarvis00. I lived at Pink in 1990/91. I had Buff Orp Bantams back then. Still would if a short person had not stolen them from me. Nicole is 6 and still has me feed and water lots of days, but she gathers those eggs before anyone can get them. She calls them BOBs. I tried to get her started on Buff Wyandotte Bantams. No way. She likes the single comb. Well at least I get to keep my Buff dottes!

We bought 7 dozen eggs from Andy Anderson while on vacation. They should hatch soon. A friend set them for us. Overa dozen Columbian Wy Bantams. Hoping we get a good hatch. There is also some Buff, Black, GL and BLR Wy Bantams. One dozen was BOBs and another dozen was RC/SC RIR Bantams. That left five dozen Wyandotte Bantam eggs. The price was right and I know my hatchaholic friend would hatch them. He leaves two Sportsmans going 24/7/365. He thinks they stay stable better if you don't shut them off. No complaint here. Our Genesis only holds so many eggs, even with the top two trays in. (Yes, I know it only has one tray, but we have had good hatches with two rows of eggs on top).

Jim,
If you were in Pink that is not far from us, we are near the intersection of Walker and Hwy 9, you know where the old BBQ place was back in the mid to late 80's. We are 3 miles north from there.

Back
Top Bottom