DO U LIKE ZEBRA FINCHES?

• YES! (They are the best things ever)

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • NO! (They are sooooo ugly)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know :shrug

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
I had them when I was a teen. I loved everything about them, I still do. I bred them, too, but the momma killed the daddy, and my mom and I were afraid she might turn on the chicks, so I hand fed them. Luckily it was summer and I was out of school, or they might have starved. It was awesome! Even after I returned them to their mom after they got big enough, they would flit all around me and land on me like big butterflies when I opened the cage. I couldn't keep them all, so I sold them to a local pet store. The lady had to pick her jaw up off the floor when I showed her that they could be handled. She was also shocked that I raised them myself, and that was a big boost of confidence for me. During my 20's I was too busy to care for birds. I would like to have them again, but not until my kids get older. They would likely stress the poor birds out. Plus, one of my sons has pretty severe autism and he might try to love on them too hard. I had to save one of my baby chicks from being squished by him once, and after that he wasn't allowed to handle them until they got bigger. He loves our chickens though.

A sad story;
I was about 3 years old, and our beautiful zebra finches were getting so tame they even walked on the floor...... I had no idea they were on the floor and me (as normal) rushed through the living room (where they were) (not knowing there were there!) and i squished one!!!! :hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hitShe died later on.....:hit:hit:hit:hit
I feel guilty to this day, even though i didn't see them on the floor.......:hit:hit:hit:hit
They are beautiful birds! i am so sorry to have lost them!:hit:hit:hit

Back
Top Bottom