Their first adventure in the yard! PIC HEAVY!

ChickenChik

Songster
9 Years
Apr 10, 2010
Kinsey, Alabama
Well my babies are 9 months old but today was their first adventure in the yard. They are normally in their run because of my dogs but I wanted to see how they would like to and they LOVED it!!! Here are a few pictures them exploring!

53830_dscf1002.jpg

53830_dscf1003.jpg

The silkies wondering why the reds were out! They didn't think it was fair!

53830_dscf1005.jpg

Sitting in my lap.

53830_dscf1006.jpg

53830_dscf1007.jpg

53830_dscf1011.jpg

Millie did not like my red!!!

I love my babies. Ever since we got rid of our rooster my reds have become SOO much more friendly.

adorable.....my Dh just gave me a weird look cause it took us some time to make our in-barn coop and I just said to him it would be nice to put a summer coop out front since we are fencing in the front with a little picket fence it would be nice to have the girls free ranging out front instead of out back...lol....well the look said it all, no way jose!! LOL

I like your pics, they are so pretty!!

Thank y'all!! I would love to let mine free range all day but my dogs would have them all down in one day! I can't believe how much they have came out of their shell since we sold our rooster! They eat out of my hand and let me hold them but before the roosters wouldn't even let me in the run!

Quote:
Ah, I see. I have a silkie that thinks she's a meat bird. She rarely free ranges with the rest of my flock, preferring to sit in the shade with the meaties. Last night I had to move her after they all settled down to sleep. She was sleeping with her beak stuck up under a meaties butt.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom