Francesca - Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
Gretchen - Gold Laced Wyandotte
Hazel - Specled Sussex
Iris - Lavendar Orpington
Josephine - EE
Millie - Black Sex-Link
Phoebe - Cuckoo Marans
Sophie - Black Australorp

We had an "L" Lucy - Cuckoo Marans that passed away on August 8th.

Last edited:
Too fun. I am avoiding all I have to do by reading everyone's names. Here's ours

Dolly--golden comet
Dorthy--golden comet
Dixie--easter eager
Dottie--easter eager

Dixie is the only one not laying yet. Dottie has personality to spare and is a huge chicken with muffs. You can't help but smile when you look at her.

2 black silkies - Oprah & Steadman (Oprah passed away and steadman was devastated so he was rehomed by a woman who had a bunch of silkie females.
1 buff silkie rooster : Hannibal
and his white silkie sister : Miesha (Hannibal Rising- awesome movie)
Clyde & Delilah - Pair of ducks
johney & Fernando - Roosters
We usually never name before we know the sex so we still have a peahen , sultan hen , crevecouer mystery sex and 2 SLW hens to name

Ours are 8 1/2 wks:

Wendy -the Welsummer (if she's a he, which I'm a little concerned about, it will be Wendall)

Della Rae -a Delaware, very friendly & smallest of all

Goldie -an Easter Egger, she's a beautiful gold/brown color & I think she knows it...can't get near her!

Snowball -a White Rock, afraid of everything...I call her a chicken!

Peppy -a Barred Rock, short for Pepper, next friendliest

Red -a Partridge Rock, last to feather but beautiful, name doesn't match anymore...oh well (worried it may be a roo too)

Haven't figured out the picture thing yet
hmm.png

Brown EE- Chickie
White EE- Blondie
BSL- Henrietta
RSL- Satine
Buff Orpington- Sunshine
2 Barred Rocks- Patti & Selma

Can you tell I let my 3 year old help with some of them? LOL I love my girls...couldn't help but name 'em!

3 BO - Bea, Betty and Rue - golden girls:)
SLW - Matilda
GLW - Goldie (original I know)
EE - Lily
2 RIR - Rhoda and Roto Rooter
6 WL - Sprocket Left and Sprocket Right (ones comb goes left one right), Peck on the Head, Whitney, Lefty and 1 un-named (Hard to tell them apart) Should call them all SCREAMERS!
1 Roo - Mister

12 Babies
4 EE's - Hershey, Reese, Butterfinger and Baby Ruth
2 BO - Sundrop and Sprite
4 RIR - Big Red, Trident, Bubbles and Juicey
2 Cuckoo's - Ike and Tina

Love the big bunch of them:)

Love this thread! I have 14 chickens!

4 mutts: Foghorn Leghorn (our white roo mutt), Mrs. Puff, Thing 1 & Thing 2
2 EE hens: Fionna & Ariel
3 Black Australorps: Minerva, Juno, & Pax
2 white silkie hens: Star & Sparkle
1 white silkie roo: Comet
1 Blue silkie pullet: Athena
&
1 Japanese Bantam Cross: Luna

(Plus we will be getting a blue silkie roo & another Japanese bantam this week & their names will be Thor & Venus...)

We have six Easter Eggers and we started out by saying we wouldn't name them. Then the kids started calling one Friendly because she was our only friendly one. Then I just HAD to name the biggest one Brunhilda because she looked like a viking lady to me. Then came the name Muffy for the one with the biggest beard and muffs. Then Roo Roo for the one I thought might be a roo (she's not
wink.png
). And then the last two are Chicken Patty and Chicken Marsala...my husband HAD to name at least a few of them after food. LOL So much for NOT naming the chickens!!

5 BO girls, Matilda, Fiona, Sasha, Sonya and Backie. Matlida has been having some issues lately, but seems to be getting the message. They are all very sweet, love to follow me around and help with the garden. (Hey that one looks bad, we'll take it!!)

I would have never thought you could go without names! Ours are just for laying, so I guess there are no qualms about eating named pets. Seems some of our names are not too original...

Laying...
Blondie (white ee)
Rocky (short for Raquel, Black and gray ee)
Fluff (buff/brown ee)
Millie (Barred Rock, my hubby said she looks "old fashioned")

Can't wait until they lay...
Sprinkle (Blue Andalusian Splash, she had a "twin" sister named Sparkle that we gave away)
Ginger (red/brown ee)
Candace (red/brown ee with no muff or beard. She was squawky and appeared to have a long neck like Candace on Phineas and Ferb)

big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom