Therapy Chicks

ChickNanny13

Enabler
10 Years
Jun 23, 2013
The Big Island/Hawaii
Emotionally it's been a very difficult year for me ... It felt like it was getting better but this week was a hard one and I have a feeling it's not over with yet. I called a friend, she said come on over & pick, she had 10wk old Plymouth Rocks (1 Partridge, 8 Whites) & 1 mystery chick we think is a WTB ... Plus she included her recent order 3wks old 5 WTB, 4 WTG & Polish (Golden & White Crested Black), her mystery chick ... Silvers didn't survive the shipment.

I have a "thing" about white chickens, childhood trauma but she offered me the Partridge & WTB, less work than the 3wk olds for sure. But I need the distraction so picked one of each ... Glad I did. Yes they're in the house for now for at least a week of observations, MHP set up but it's been so hot here don't think I'll need it. They are adorable & so very quiet too. In the second pic ... "chipmunk" eye is the WTG/straight comb & the one on the far right is the WTB/peacomb I wasn't sure I wanted the White Crested but so glad she talked me into it, it's now my favorite.

2019 Chickens - 08 Polish:Whiting 10wks (1).jpg
2019 Chickens - 08 Polish:Whiting 10wks (3).jpg

Absolutely love your post. Therapy chickens are a solid part of my life. My 11 year old Ethel died last week so this morning the post office delivered 4 precious 2 day old babies. Big smile on my face. Thanks for sharing your beautiful babies !

I asked around and Cackle Hatchery in Missouri sends chicks through the US mail system which has caused me to sleep since Wednesday morning when I received the tracking number from Cackle. lo and behold my post office called me at 7 am this morning and I had 3 precious 2 day old chicks plus one extra as insurance. All were cheeping up a storm and the mailmen were all grinning from ear to ear, listening to them. Cackle has this deal called a City option - 3, 5 or 10 I think. I love Rhode Island Reds and they are wonderful companions.
dayone.jpg
IMG_4146.JPG

The one on the left looks just like my WTG did a couple of months ago. My WTBs were all black and a darker brown (almost Partridge) as far as I've been able to figure out!

My friend had 2 yellow almost white WTB but "white" not my favorite color ... From what I've read, WTB = pea combs & WTG = straight combs ... Do you have pics of yours now? We're just hoping for varied coloring.

Back
Top Bottom