Therapy Chicks

ChickNanny13

Enabler
10 Years
Jun 23, 2013
The Big Island/Hawaii
Emotionally it's been a very difficult year for me ... It felt like it was getting better but this week was a hard one and I have a feeling it's not over with yet. I called a friend, she said come on over & pick, she had 10wk old Plymouth Rocks (1 Partridge, 8 Whites) & 1 mystery chick we think is a WTB ... Plus she included her recent order 3wks old 5 WTB, 4 WTG & Polish (Golden & White Crested Black), her mystery chick ... Silvers didn't survive the shipment.

I have a "thing" about white chickens, childhood trauma but she offered me the Partridge & WTB, less work than the 3wk olds for sure. But I need the distraction so picked one of each ... Glad I did. Yes they're in the house for now for at least a week of observations, MHP set up but it's been so hot here don't think I'll need it. They are adorable & so very quiet too. In the second pic ... "chipmunk" eye is the WTG/straight comb & the one on the far right is the WTB/peacomb I wasn't sure I wanted the White Crested but so glad she talked me into it, it's now my favorite.

2019 Chickens - 08 Polish:Whiting 10wks (1).jpg
2019 Chickens - 08 Polish:Whiting 10wks (3).jpg

The one on the left looks just like my WTG did a couple of months ago. My WTBs were all black and a darker brown (almost Partridge) as far as I've been able to figure out!

My friend had 2 yellow almost white WTB but "white" not my favorite color ... From what I've read, WTB = pea combs & WTG = straight combs ... Do you have pics of yours now? We're just hoping for varied coloring.

Enjoying some "therapy" ... No names yet, learning personalities and getting aquainted. Haven't seen them use the Horizontal Water yet but the level has gone down a bit. Keeping the regular water bottle in, it's been so hot want to make sure they're getting water. Mealworms on order, then we start training.

DSC04715.JPG
DSC04700.JPG

Traded the Polish back for another pair of Whitings a couple days after last posting, the "top hat" just didn't seem right on chickens. These are now 5wks and had their first day out in the Mobile Run .... Don't find them any more "flighty/skittish" than other chicks their age I've had. In the last picture, the 2 on the left are the WTG & the 2 on the right the WTB. Still no names but refer to them by color, did end up getting one of the yellows, looking to be a Splash (WTG), the other (WTG) Red. One of the WTB looks like some "Blue" coloring coming in, the other is a darker Partridge maybe.
It's 90* outside in the patio where I was enjoying my Chick Movies, while my dog decided it was nicer in the house at 85* with a breeze thru the front door.

DSC04810.JPG

DSC04819.JPG
DSC04829.JPG

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom