Therapy Duck

So what? The worse thing they can do is say no. It's not like they are going to take away your birthday or anything
big_smile.png
(Once you get over 40, you really stop caring about negative people and their useless comments...LOLOL )

You MAY want to call and say you have a non-traditional therapy animal you would like them to meet in person and then make an appointment to bring your ducky by.

I am not sure how that would work. Most therapy dogs are to at least pass their CGC test. I am not sure but I think they can even ask for proof of the animal passing the test. You can ask places where you would take the dog and ask for the requirements. I personally think thats great, because I do think any animal should be able to do service / and or therapy work. I also know first hand the healing and changes said animals can make in one's life ! I know rasberry fields will make vests for many kinds of animals for therapy. So check there and ask them to make you a duck vest. They said they have done rabbits vest, and heck someone out here uses a Ferret as her service animal. Ferrets are illegal in Calif. but hey if the animal does the job then awesome !!

edit : therapy animals can be taken and owned by anyone I belive. Service dogs can only be used by someone who is legally disable. Mind you it may not be visable !! The laws allow service dogs to go anywhere the public is allowed.. Yes I take Milo food shopping and out with me to eat. Therapy dogs are not covered to go everywhere service dogs can.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a speech this morning and presented it with Dominic as a visual aid they said they'd think about it and get back to me before next friday. People around here don't like different they are use to dogs as therapy animals and thats it.
sad.png
sad.png
I am scared I hope they let me bring Dominic in
idunno.gif

Oh I agree people are sometimes so stubborn and can't handle things that are not the " standard". I know how you feel, I don't use the " standard " breed of dog. I had one employee come up to me at Albertsons ask me what breed my dog was. I told her a beagle. She then goes " oh they allow that breed to be a service dog ? "
Only real flaw with his size is he gets stepped on and just today got his tail ran over by a shopping cart. He didn't make a noise but he did give the lady a really mean looking glare. lol

Good luck on getting some acceptance on your duck. Keep us posted. And keep trying because no excuse why people can't accept any other animal. Heck people use Mini horses for heavens sake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
I still don't know the out come but I am sure Dominic won some hearts over. He talked the whole time he'd look at me then he'd look at the other people in the room and if my hand stopped stroking him, he'd stand up and walk to the middle of the table and demand someone pet him :O He did get a few laughs but we'll see what happends

*crosses fingers* please let Dominic win please please

I would post a pic but it won't let me for some reason
idunno.gif
barnie.gif

Becky89* :

Quote:
I still don't know the out come but I am sure Dominic won some hearts over. He talked the whole time he'd look at me then he'd look at the other people in the room and if my hand stopped stroking him, he'd stand up and walk to the middle of the table and demand someone pet him :O He did get a few laughs but we'll see what happends

*crosses fingers* please let Dominic win please please

I would post a pic but it won't let me for some reason
idunno.gif
barnie.gif

sad.png
still waiting
sad.png

Because I have a pet chicken that I'm very close to, my Mom called me about a program she had seen...someone in ??North Dakota?? has started taking chicks/chickens in to the nursing home. Since so many of the elderly in their area have farm backgrounds, it was very well received. People wanted the chickens to just sit on their lap so they could touch it.

Good luck! I think it's a MARVELOUS idea.

Back
Top Bottom