There is a critter in my house!

I'm sorry I'm sitting here laughing so hard because this reminded of something my mom did right after they bought their motor home. It's one of those huge 38 ft. behemoths,, lots of storage,, just really nice. About a month or less after they bought it, they had it parked on my land on about 1/4 they cleared and set up for it with septic and hookups. It was almost midnight and I was up late in my bedroom watching tv Suddenly there is a pounding on my door and my mom yelling "Kate open the *&*%^ DOOR!!" So I run out of my room in my night gown expecting some horrible event and mom stalks through my door, grabs my boss cat Valentino, looks at me and informs me "I'll bring the cat back tomorrow, there is a rodent in my coach" and she stalks back out the door. Sure enough the next morning around 9:30 she comes back with Valentino and thanks me for the rodent service. He hadn't been in there 10 minutes after she took him and he had both mice taken care of. She fixed him bacon and eggs for payment!

Quote:
Hee hee.. our one cat did that also. Right on the doormat. I would always remember to look before stepping out. Ex-husband, on the other hand, didn't look.
gig.gif

edited to add : LMAO @ mom grabbing the cat. And I am impressed he did the job! Good Boy!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Actually, it did look like this, but the tail was different. The tail wasn't furless like a rat or bushy like a chipmunk, but it was a little long and a little fuzzy - but not too long or too fuzzy.

Still procrastinating on going to bed.

Is it anywhere near the bedroom? If it is not, then it's safe to go to bed. Just throw some crumbs in the farthest part of the house from the bedroom. Then RUN.. doing like a marching-lift-your-feet-high run, dive into bed, cover up over your head, and you'll be fine!

My cats have always been good sportsmen. They all routinely participate in the catch and release program. Catch the mouse or cotton field rat (like a reeally big mouse) and release it in the livingroom or kitchen. Have even released a live bluebird into the breakfast rush before school one day (he survived missing tail feathers all summer).

They all left "gifts" for me at the front AND back door.

Tyger was so proud to bring me that live baby bunny; but got so miffed that I wouldn't give it back that he ignored me for a week.

Perhaps you have found my son's hamster? Houdini regularly escaped by chewing through expensive habitats and once disappeared for three weeks in a house with three hunting cats. Returned safely but skinny at two am (MOMOMOMMOM houdini's back!).

Back
Top Bottom