There's Hatching Going On Right Now! Help.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Melodace, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Melodace

Melodace New Egg

Jun 18, 2010
    All I can do is sit on my freakin' hands!!!
    The bator is a home made one, my ex's dad made it (I'm only eighteen) and there's no God forsaken windows!!! (Excuse my French.)

It's about 3am where I live and I have to BE at work at 8am. It's day 21... well I guess it's day 22 now, and I have two DEFINITE pips. Nice ones, at that. There's a ton of cheeping going on in there! I have about 4 week-old chicks. Will they pick at my new ones when they hatch??

Ummm and what the hell can I do to keep myself busy and not open the bator because it makes the temperature drop and I want the humidity and temp. to be PERFECT for my babies. I have 13 eggs, after candling 24 and realizing most of them weren't even fertilized to begin with. I was warned it was a sketchy batch, but whatever. So I'm really hoping I get at least five of these guys. [​IMG] I candled at day 18 and there was very healthy movement in all thirteen eggs. So let's pray that a few hatch, if not all of the little buggers!

OH, and how long does it take before they start zipping?

Tips?!

Thanks guys. [​IMG]

Candace

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  2. incubatingisfun

incubatingisfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    it can take 24 hours from the pip till getting out of the shell.my suggestion would be watch a movie

3. chicken boy sam

chicken boy sam Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    or lock yourself out of the house!!!!! I would be going crazy too.........

4. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I have hatching going on right now, too. I had two Blue/Black Orps hatch yesterday, another one is zipping now, and I have 2 more pipped. Plus I have a pipped muscovy duck and a pipped blue frizzle bantam.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by