There's no place like home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have the link to the specific statute Law you are referencing? Did you do your research first before posting that? :confused:
abandonment is illegal in most places under animal cruelty laws. doesn’t just apply to dogs and cats and you can be arrested ☺️

abandonment is illegal in most places under animal cruelty laws. doesn’t just apply to dogs and cats and you can be arrested ☺
Don't Rant about it ........ post these links for others so they can see for themselves over just posting a personal option about the unfortunate situation. It's called Creditability in what you post. :)

@Azureduckchick, before you respond again in ignorance, please do some research, say more than 20 minutes worth. . If you can't respond intelligently to a situation, I suggest you keep your comments to yourself. This forum is for the betterment of all, not for the spread of misinformation and personal prejudice.

It sounds like you did exactly what you're accusing Azureduckchick of doing: acting/speaking in ignorance (or I would say arrogance) with little to no research, or in your case, regard for the creatures you are responsible for. You expect these ducks to understand that they suddenly need to provide their own shelter and food? And not long before winter no less?
Did you even try to address the offending behavior before dumping them?

You came on here for advice. This is generally a forum for people who love, or at least respect their birds. Not everyone is an expert (I certainly am not), but you cannot be surprised that abandoning your animals is not a popular choice. It serves no purpose to become defensive and rude just because you don't like what people have to say.

Last edited:
Don't Rant about it ........ post these links for others so they can see for themselves over just posting a personal option about the unfortunate situation. It's called Creditability in what you post. :)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.no...gal_to_release_pet_ducks_to_the_wild_20130801

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.or...s/os-xpm-2005-02-27-0502260219-story,amp.html

i can provide many more sources if needed, i did lots of research before i adopted my babies

A 2 minute search gave the following concerning PA animal cruelty law:
§ 5533. Cruelty to animal.
(a) Offense defined.–A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly or recklessly illtreats, overloads, beats, abandons or abuses an animal.

A 2 minute search gave the following concerning PA animal cruelty law:
§ 5533. Cruelty to animal.
(a) Offense defined.–A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly or recklessly illtreats, overloads, beats, abandons or abuses an animal.
Do you have the link to post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom