These chicks are going to drive me insane.

You should meet my husband! That is so "him"!
lau.gif
Last winter, he insisted we have a heater in the coop! He would go out and check on them all hours of the night! Th worst was when he came back in from the coop and say's proudly : "its warmer in the coop than in the house!"
smack.gif
Needless to say, that was the last of the heater for him and the coop! I told him we'd have a $500.00 light bill if he did not stop! Now, they only get a heater if its going to be 10 degrees or colder! Its not Club Med back there!

Thank gosh finally not the only one that would head out in the middle of the night with a lighter.. And I have always thought the light from the lighter would never scare the biters away but the screams from me burning myself should defenitly scare them away...
lau.gif

Quote:

Quote:
Which monitor did you get and how much did you spend? I have been looking for one myself, trying yard sales and used dealers. Just can't see myself spending 40 bucks to put it in a chicken coop when I can get video and audio for around 120. Right now I have borrowed one from my Aunt. Hey I slept till 6 this morning which is a good thing so I definitely agree the monitor is a great idea. But it will take awhile to get used to all the things that go bumb in the night, my first thought was I would hear something growling and get scared myself. But I would rather hear it than not.

Well they survived last night better than I did. Its exhausting running outside to check chicks. Soo I checked them one last time tonight and went inside to check on my new polish chicks. They are happily making tons of noise for me so I can sleep.

Yes, yes I am insane but even insane people have to sleep.

Today was the second day in the coop for the big girls. When we put them to bed tonight, I sat outside the coop and listened. There were several squalks and the sound of running chicken feet. It was dark in the coop so what the heck could they be doing in there? Then the paranoid thoughts came. Is there a snake in there or a neighborhood cat (no way, the place is like Fort Knox)? I resisted the urge to check fearing that they would escape when I opened the door. Now I want to check on them. Baby monitor huh? DH would really think I was nuts.

I feel your pain. If I'm this obsessed about keeping baby chicks alive, I'd hate to think of how paranoid I'd be raising a human baby. When the chicks are sound asleep, I watch with growing anticipation to be certain that they're still breathing

I shouldn't worry so much, but I can't help it.

4 the luv of eggs why not a baby monitor. You will sleep so much better. I also use my monitor during the day when the younger chicks are out with the 6 wk chicks so I can hear if anyone is being to rough on the smaller ones.

Back
Top Bottom