These dang birds!!!

topochico225

Enthusiasm Enthusiast
Dec 27, 2020
Deep South
Apparently, reverse psychology works on chickens!

I needed a broody hen 2 weeks ago for a science project. My pullets looked at me like I had suggested that mealworms were illegal to possess in our state.

This morning, when I went to go collect eggs, I was greeted by my screeching RIR pullet, Dionne. Durn fool went broody!! Luckily, I had some extra fertile eggs from my friend- one BCM, and two that I'm not sure about (tan-ish and light blue). I snuck 'em under her, so here's hoping she hatches them!! Unfortunately, we are moving them to a different coop Friday...

This morning, when I went to go collect eggs, I was greeted by my screeching RIR pullet, Dionne. Durn fool went broody!! Luckily, I had some extra fertile eggs from my friend- one BCM, and two that I'm not sure about (tan-ish and light blue). I snuck 'em under her, so here's hoping she hatches them!! Unfortunately, we are moving them to a different coop Friday...
Are you positive she's truly broody?
I'd wait at least 3 days and nights of her sitting tight to nest with fake eggs before giving her fertile eggs...especially if you're going to move her.

Back
Top Bottom