These girls are worse than a drunken prom date

Cambium29

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 20, 2011
Our three bantams are "at the age" when a young girl chicken starts to fancy a mate. However, we have no rooster so they've seen fit lately to pour their attention and affection onto MY HUMAN MAN.

He can't even step into their yard without one or all of them assuming the "love me" position. He has to sneak from the house to the garage lest they spy with their chicken eye the object of their collective affections and start screaming for attention. Our little nankin flew over the 6' fence, across the yard, then landed on the corner of the roof of the house just so she could woo him.

It's embarassing really. Is this going to stop? Will their teenage hormones level out at some point or should we just get them a feathered beau of their own?

That is soooooo funny
lol.png

Think they might need a rooster, keep reading your post and laughing my head off, although havent figured out the "love me" position and what it looks like as we have a rooster and two hens so he gets his fair share...
ep.gif

I think it's about food. It's always about food with these creatures. Does he sneak 'em treats? Is HE in fact SECRETLY WOOING THEM???

Back
Top Bottom