These results should be interesting

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by JudyMcKinn, Mar 24, 2008.

1. JudyMcKinn

JudyMcKinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    Well, I hatched a dozen Silkie and 3/4 Silkie chicks a couple days ago. The pure Silkies are from the original 4 hens and a roo I hatched from Tom (Kentucky Silkies) a couple years ago, but the 3/4 Silkie chicks are from my my Silkie roo, and my half-Silkie pullets. These pullets are from my buff Silkie roo, Maurice, and my cucoo Marans hens. I am really looking forward to seeing what these 3/4 Silkie chicks look like when they grow up. They pretty well just look like Silkie chicks. Any of you hatched 3/4 Silkie chicks? How did they come out?

2. Josie

Josie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    That sounds like an interesting mix, JudyMcKinn can we see your chicks?

3. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Hey Judy, Show us your chick pics, JULIE

4. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    i hatched out one that was a mix of a buff ameracanu and white silkie. it is a hen she is buff colored, the feathers are more like the ameracanu but she has 5 toes has the darkskin and comb and feathers on the feet.

5. JudyMcKinn

JudyMcKinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    Thanks, gamebirdsonly. Probably something like I will get, except maybe mine will have the silkie feathers, as I understand you have to have the silkie gene on both sides, and I will in these 3/4 Silkies.
    I will try to get some pics taken soon, Josie & Julie. Have been ferrying a friend back & forth to hospital for heart tests.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by