They are coming!!

Glad to hear they are where they are supposed to be. Good luck with them tomorrow, hope they are all fine. That is a nice combination of breeds you have. Sp Sussex are one of my favorites, they make great pets.

Got the call at 5:30am from the post office, and I rushed over 15 minutes away. The guy said he was a little worried, as they sounded quiet. Fearing the worst, I picked up my box (there was definitely some peeping going on in there!!) and brought them home. I opened up the box...to find all 8 happy chicks staring up at me!!! No DOA! Hurray! :)

Seriously dying of cuteness overload. Only one of the speckled sussex has pasty butt, and that is like concrete on there!! :-( But everyone is eating, drinking and enjoying their ecoglow. Pictures to come later!

Congratulations on your new chicks! They are incredibly cute aren't they. You won't believe how fast they grow so be sure to take plenty of pictures. Very nice of your PO to let you pick them up that early. With the pasty butt, once you get the stuck poo off, put a little olive oil or something like that around the vent, it will help keep poo from sticking again. You have something like chick saver in the water?

I was shocked they called that early as well, but the two guys there said they were worried when they didn't hear a lot of peeping so they wanted to me to get them home to some heat and water asap. Love my small town post office!I

I had to submerge the little chicks butt into some warm water, finally got it to loosen up enough to pick off (much to the chicks dismay!) I will add a little olive oil to hopefully stop it from happening again.

Have them on some sav a chick electrolyte water, they are all drinking and eating great! Now fingers crossed that I don't have any weak ones who pass away, I'm already too attached to them, lol!

Keeping fingers crossed for the little guys/girls. Good sign that they are all eating and drinking and running around already. Know we tend to do a lot of complaining about the PO, but there are some good ones out there, and most PO employes really do want to help.

So far, so good! Everyone seems to be doing great so far. I absolutely love how they can go from running around and eating and annoying each other to fast asleep in like 2 minutes. So cute! Anyways, a few pictures of my new babies!
smile.png

Barred Rock

Speckled Sussex or Welsummer, they look so much alike!

White cochin

Mottled cochin bantam

Warming up under the ecoglow!

My very happy son with the chicks. He is SO gentle with them.

So far, so good! Everyone seems to be doing great so far. I absolutely love how they can go from running around and eating and annoying each other to fast asleep in like 2 minutes. So cute! Anyways, a few pictures of my new babies!
smile.png

Barred Rock

Speckled Sussex or Welsummer, they look so much alike!

White cochin

Mottled cochin bantam

Warming up under the ecoglow!

My very happy son with the chicks. He is SO gentle with them.

Love them!!!! How is the one that had pasty butt?

She had a little bit when I got home from work, but not too bad. I soaked her little tush again and applied olive oil, so hopefully that will help.

I am brooding them in our heated basement in a large dog kennel that I put cardboard around the edges...but found myself tucking them into a large, clear storage tote with their ecoglow and feed/water to haul upstairs so I can sit on the couch and just watch them! Better get them back downstairs before hubby comes home and finds them in the living room!!

How adorable, that picture of the chicks with your son is wonderful. Do I see a Christmas Card in the making.
And it is called Chicken TV, most addictive show on earth. Hope little pasty butt does better. The Sp Sussex and Wellys are almost impossible to tell apart sometimes to me, the SpS should have really pink/white feet and to me the eyeliner is usually more defined/darker than in the Wellys, but half the time you wind up waiting for those white spots.

Back
Top Bottom