They are hatching!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dfchaser, May 9, 2008.

1. dfchaser

dfchaser Songster

Apr 25, 2008
    NC
    I had one baby pip this morning around 7:30am and finally by 4:00pm he was out. When i left for work there were 3 more that were pipping. Hopefully when i get home in an hour there will be more free chicks in the bator, and more ready to come out!

2. Good Luck!

3. dfchaser

dfchaser Songster

Apr 25, 2008
    NC
    I am worried that one of the chicks has died. When it pipped it started bleeding and has not moved since 4:00pm

4. Grillmaster33

Grillmaster33 Songster

Apr 18, 2008
    Triad, NC
    COngrats. And sorry about the chick.
    I had one die too.

Naval problem I believed. Bled a lot as well.

5. ChickNLittle

ChickNLittle Songster

Mar 22, 2008
    Folkston, Georgia
    Hey Chaser

I had one that was bleeding what I did was hold a small clean washrag on the place where it was bleeding for about 5 minutes and it stopped immediately. Just for further reference of course. The chick was still half in the shell and I seen the blood on a part of the egg where it was chipped . It worked and that healthy little thing is in my pen outside now. Boy is she getting big!

6. dfchaser

dfchaser Songster

Apr 25, 2008
    NC
    Well came home and one chick that only had to break thru the membrane has passed, not enough humidity. So our loss is up to 2 (the dry membrane and the one that pipped and bled). I have two more that pipped just waiting for them to zip and pop out. Then there is 13 more of who knows. [​IMG]

7. bluedog

bluedog Songster

Jan 31, 2008
    East KY
    good luck on your hatch .

8. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Songster

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    got an update?[​IMG]:fl:fl

9. dfchaser

dfchaser Songster

Apr 25, 2008
    NC
    Well i helped two that had been pipped since around noon. They were sooooo dry and when I left them last night i placed them on a damp paper towel. This morning one has hatched and the other looks like when it tried to get out it bled out. I also now have some more pipping. So we are up to 2 official chicks, and more pips.

10. Their Other Mother

Their Other Mother Songster

May 1, 2008
    Arizona
    I have a goose egg that pipped last night about 10:30 pm. This am nothing has changed, he is still wiggeling and I can hear him chirp. I too am worried about humidity. We are in Arizona-DRY, DRY, DRY! I have a hovabator 1602N still air & have followed all the directions as far as water. This is my only egg left out of 4 African Geese. I'm really wanting to get in there and put a warm damp cloth or something but am afraid to commit the unpardonable sin and open the bator. Please Help!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by