They are here!

yeah, baby ducks can jump like grasshoppers! it's crazy... i wouldn't worry, they are small and don't weigh much. I've have ducklings jump much further away from higher and they were fine. it's hard to keep a hold on those little guys!!!!

42264_dsc00349.jpg

42264_dsc00350.jpg

42264_dsc00351.jpg

The temp right underneath the heat lamp is about 105 degrees F, but because the brooder is like 6 foot square the temp varies a lot, but the ducklings are sleeping right underneath the heat lamp! this might sound stupid but will they know if they are too hot? i mean will they just stay there if its too hot for them or will they move because the the temp right under the lamp is way too high for them but they dont want to move!

Last edited:
Quote:
lol Your hand looks fine!

Plus, no one is looking at your hand! It's the ducks we're all staring at! Such cuties!

You're going to be doing an awful lot of laundry if you use blankets for bedding.
smile.png

They are just so cute!
love.gif

They will move if they get to hot. They have plenty of room and look happy. Maybe move the stuffed animal closer to the light and will snuggle in it because it is warmer.

Back
Top Bottom