they are peeping!!

Tractormama95

Hatching
5 Years
Nov 14, 2014
my ducklings were due yesterday they have started to pip and I can see them! I am so overjoyed! I started out with 27 eggs and now only 13 remain. Some lost due to rotten or stolen by animals. As it is winter I just brought them in from under my broody duck. She was sitting on them until today. I have them under a heat lamp and moistening them with spray bottle. Not sure what else I can do at this point. I only brought them in because the mother had the nest high off the ground and I fear that they would fall out. Also I have more male ducks then females and I hate to see the fathers kill my, long waited for, ducklings. Can anyone give me any advice? it would be much appreciated!

The biggest thing you have to worry about is shrink wrap. This is a very common problem with duck eggs as they have a very high humidity requirement for hatching. I suggest soaking a sponge in warm water and putting it near the eggs to help provide a continuous source of humidity. Keep misting them every so often, especially if you notice any drying around the edges of the membrane. I would also see if you cant find a thermometer and hydrometer to see if you cant moderate the temperature and humidity. I would try and keep the temp around 100 degrees, and humidity at 85%.

Last edited:
I have been misting! I will get the sponge now thank you so much for your advice! Much appreciated!!

Back
Top Bottom