They can stay in the coop this morning!

LOL My Wyandotte will THROW herself against the coop door until I let them out. Right when the sky starts getting light, even before I know those crazy night blind biddies can see, they want out lol!

I've said the same thing this morning! It's not all that cold here right now - about 50 degrees - but the rain is coming down in sheets.

Gonna grab a raincoat soon and go check on the birds at least. Right after I finish my next cup of coffee.
caf.gif

I pulled a calf at 2 am! 15 degrees! Right next to the frozen creek! Glasses kept fogging up. I'm a farm gal! We gotta do what must be done to keep those critters alive and well. If I make my livin' off them, I'm gonna keep them watered and fed no matter what. I'll wrap my old bones in polartec and get to work. Why I oughta turn off your power and water for a few hours and see how well you produce milk, lay an egg, you lazy bums!
old.gif

lau.gif

Quote:
lol.png
I got my chickens tended to. In flannel PJ bottoms, my carhartt jacket and rubber muck boots. So glad we don't have close neighbors.
roll.png

Now 45 here but cold and rainy....not whining, really.

Went out in nightgown, pj pants, jacket and chicken boots and checked chickens. Poor little babies....they all look drowned but are smart enough to stay in out of the rain. Someone was so lazy they laid an egg in their run. So much for nice cozy nest boxes!! Have a bit of a warm spell before the weekend and the temps drop again.

It's finally up to 40 now and I am hoping it continues since I need the snow to melt so I can get off this mountain for surgery tomorrow. Already cancelled on Monday. Posted pics of my chickens last night as they had had enough of the coop for 3 days. They are out there now walking around the edges under the eaves where there is little snow.
I've been to Brooksville many times. Have friends there still. You aren't doing much better than us temperature wise.
The woman birthing calves is my heroine.

Note to self: Don't buy cows!
bow.gif
Old Chick, I bow to you!

It's up to 60 degrees now and my chickens and I are very happy.

Back
Top Bottom