They Feed Off Fear - A Demon/Shapeshifter Role-Play

Thing2

Free Ranging
5 Years
Oct 23, 2017
Hufflepuff Common Room
Please Read First!

A) By participating in this game, I promise that all BYC Rules will be followed and that I have read and understood the Role Play Rules that are in a sticky at the top of the Games forum.

B) I promise that all content is to be rated G and suitable for all ages.

C) I promise that there will be no swearing, cursing (including censoring by using symbols) or inappropriate adult sexual activity or innuendo. This extends to mating, breeding or innuendo in non-human characters as well.

D) I promise to treat others with respect and kindness as is the BYC way.

E) I promise not to post any material that is a violation of copyright. Basically this means: if you didn't create the content (like an image / picture) and don't have direct permission from the content creator to post it, then don't.

Prologue

It all started with a dream...

Britt saw a news story about a 9-10 year old girl named _ who had attacked and hospitalized her mother with a weapon. She had no clear motive. Britt knew that she had seen the young girl perform on America's Got Talent, so she searched _ _ and clicked on "Videos." While scrolling, she noticed a video titled, "AGT Contestant's Twin Sister Drowned By Home Intruder Two Years Before the Star's Debut." Hovering her mouse over the video, she watched the preview play. A young girl about 6 years old was smiling and waving at an underwater security camera. All of a sudden a dark figure crashes into the water behind her, grabbing her as the girl turns around. Britt whipped her mouse off of the video, not wanting to see the end. Then she heard the faint sound of a girl hysterically crying and screaming that steadily grew louder coming from her right. Britt turned her head, and suddenly she was standing in a nicely furnished living room, watching a girl, _, cowering up on the large mantlepiece over the fireplace. Her mother was standing below it, looking up at her daughter, trying to calm her. "Honey, it's me, Mommy. Calm down! It's just me!" But just _ kept shaking her head frantically and screaming, "You're changing, Mommy, you're changing! You're changing!" Britt glanced back at the mother, but suddenly the mother wasn't the mother anymore but a horrifyingly creepy man.
She awoke in a cold sweat, the sound of _'s voice changing from words to screams of pure terror still ringing in her ears.

Britt made herself breakfast and turned on the news, hoping to calm her still-racing heart. The TV flickered to life on a news channel, and the words the newscaster spoke sent chills up her's spine. "A young girl, _ _, attacked and hospitalized her own mother at around 3am last night. The police haven't yet discovered a motive, but report that when asked she will only reply,'She was changing. That wasn't my mother.' " The newscaster paused, and two pictures flashed onto the screen, one of _ and one of her mother. Leaning forward, Britt looked closely at the mother, but suddenly the picture changed to the terrifying man. The newscaster continued as Britt blinked, shocked. "Last year this young girl made it to the finals of America's Got Talent, dedicating her performances to her twin sister, who was killed two years earlier by a home intrude-"

Click.
Britt turned off the TV and sat in silence, horror filling her.
Her dream was true.

Backstory

The Heki are the trapped demon-spirits of the victims of ancient disasters or murders in which their bodies were never found. They are released when the last survivor of the disaster dies. They think that they were left for dead, so they seek revenge on the human race. They have no specific motive. They cannot physically hurt people in any way while in spirit form, only if they possess the body of another. However, when they are near or trying to possess you, you experience overwhelming feelings of sadness, fear, anxiety, and/or anger. They can possess them when that individual mentally weak or consumed by anger or the need for revenge. The Heki are also very clever and manipulative. They also feed off of fear, so if they know that you're scared of them they become stronger and harder to defeat.
There is an extremely small percentage of the population, called Seers, that can see auras. They are born with this power. The auras of people who are being followed by a Heki are ringed in black, and those fully possessed have solid black auras. Normal auras are light, cheerful colors. When a person is possessed, Seers only see little flashes of the demon's original human form, almost like the person is glitching. Even a Seer can be possessed. Seers can also see the Heki when they're not possessing, although they only see the rough, shadowy outline of a person with glowing red eyes.

Character Forms

Heki Form

(Heki are pure evil. They cannot change or become nice at any time.)
Name:

Original Form Description:
Disaster/Murder (don't get too descriptive please!):
Status (Separate, Stalking, or Possessing):
Victim's Description:
Other:

Username:

Seer Form
Name:
Personality:
History:
Other:

Username:

Human Form
Name:
Personality:
History:
Other:

Username:

You can have one Heki, one Seer, and one Human character, but you don't need all three. You can only have one of each character.

If you have questions or ideas, please PM me.
Also PM me with your character form if you want to play the little girl in the news story. When that spot is filled I will edit the prologue.

Chat thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...n-shapeshifter-role-play-chat-thread.1234203/

Have Fun!

@Fanci Feathers Marans
@HoodedHuntress
@HeavensHens88
@MysticChickens04
@Laodicia
@CP Chicken
@Rubysword
@AMERAUCANAS4REAL
@Dawnclucks22
@DiamondSwan
@Cluckcluck1215
@RiverStorm
@ladybugchickenfarms
@RacehorsesRock

Here is my character form for Britt.
Seer Form
Name: Brittany (Britt)
Description: Brown eyes and middle-length blond hair. She is 5'3" and has fair skin.
Personality: Kind, tough, not especially outgoing. Loyal and easily makes friends. Independent.

History: Loving parents, average childhood. She moved out last month and is settling in to her new apartment and job. She has seen auras her whole life but only saw a black aura once when she was very young. She never mentioned her ability except to her extremely close friends.
Other: None

Username: @Thing2LovesChickens

Last edited:
Seer form:
Name: Brandon
Description: dark brown hair, jeans, a red & green flannel, black sneakers, large glasses, a black watch on his right wrist, 5,7"
Personality: talkative, nerdy, shy until he gets to know you, a little clumsy,
History: he grew up with his mom, since his parent divorced when he was really little. He was homeschooled until he was 17, due to bullying issues. He always wondered why he could see things that nobody else could, & thought that he was starting to go crazy, meeting many different therapists & eye doctors trying to find out what was wrong, with no luck.
Other: he has a Persian cat named bubbles, & Brandon is extremely tech-savvy. He's also left handed.
Username: @FrankieDoodle

(I might add a few things later, but here it is for now)

Seer form:
Name: Brandon
Description: dark brown hair, jeans, a red & green flannel, black sneakers, large glasses, a black watch on his right wrist, 5,7"
Personality: talkative, nerdy, shy until he gets to know you, a little clumsy,
History: he grew up with his mom, since his parent divorced when he was really little. He was homeschooled until he was 17, due to bullying issues. He always wondered why he could see things that nobody else could, & thought that he was starting to go crazy, meeting many different therapists & eye doctors trying to find out what was wrong, with no luck.
Other: he has a Persian cat named bubbles, & Brandon is extremely tech-savvy. He's also left handed.
Username: @FrankieDoodle

(I might add a few things later, but here it is for now)
Accepted!

Seer Form
Name: Willow
Description: Brown hair with blonde highlghts on the tips, dimples when she smiles, large light brown eyes, tan skin, 5' 3", she wears comfortable light blue jeans with a summery blouse.

Personality: She is generally quiet, but she's not afraid to stand up for herself and her friends. Loves to read and is very observant.
History: Normal childhood. She first saw the Heki at 8 years old when one began stalking her grandmother.
Other: She has never met another seer, so she's slightly worried that she's crazy. She's never told anyone about her abilities.

Username: @Thing1LovesChicks

Back
Top Bottom