They have arrived!!!

Where’d you get your Faverolles? Pretty girls! Mine is a sweetie, but coloring is “hatchery” quality.
Ordered through our local feed store, which is through a hatchery. I've been meaning to ask them who they use, though, I'll ask tomorrow! These girls seem to be much less "hatchery" colored than I've heard others talk about!

I got my ladies the same day you did. We have one Faverolle, Sriracha. They are so pretty.
They definitely have personality!! So silly and sweet. This is my first flock, but after having them around these last few months, I can't imagine I'll ever have a flock without some faverolles 🥰

Where’d you get your Faverolles? Pretty girls! Mine is a sweetie, but coloring is “hatchery” quality.
Well, I sent a message to the store, but didn't really get an answer. They said they use multiple hatcheries, so it's hard to know where mine may have been from 🤦. Disappointing, as I'd like to order more next year but it would be nice to make sure I got them from the same place! Maybe we'll try the breeder route...

Moved the "paddock" to fresh grass today. The bowling balls are getting prettier and prettier, and very happy to have new foraging grounds. Apparently it takes them about a month to mow and then they are ready to move on🥰
IMG_20200919_123955.jpg

It's been just over a year since we brought our first babies home❤️ We've had ups and downs, and a few hard learned life lessons, but I have been so happy with these girls. This week, we ended up with four new additions that our insistently broody faverolles hen, Patty Pan, has hatched and is being a fantastic mama to! I believe we ended up with 2 Delawares (yellow chicks, Hans and Franz). The grey floof, Toot, looks to be a silkie/black sex link cross (he has 5 toes and feathered feet and came from a dark brown egg that I was told is usually the color of the sex link eggs). He also has a white dot on the top of his head. I know that this cross wouldn't lead to a sex linked trait (?), but I thought it was interesting. Who knows what Mumble is, but he's AWFULLY cute! Possible moms are Delaware, Lavender Orp, or Black Sex Link. The friend we got the eggs from has a wonderful Delaware roo with an amazing personality, who typically is boss, but apparently her silkie roo gets into the mix once in awhile, too 🤣
PXL_20210512_210109675.jpg
PXL_20210512_210026402.jpg

Back
Top Bottom