They have arrived

wee.gif

Wow, this thread as really inspired us to give meat birds a go. We have all of the facilities already since we do layers so we have no reason not to raise them. Since you have done this a few times now maybe you can answer this with some accuracy. Do you know, from start to finish, what the average amount of feed it took per bird from start to finish. Thanks for sharing!

No I would have no idea I usually don't keep too good of track I only know I started with 52 birds lost a total of 10 and that is a lot to loose
hmm.png
It is a expensive thing to do meat birds But this time I am selling some instead of Just giving them away, $10.00 a bird and that is cheap for them considering I have spent $118.00 on the birds and got 15 bags of feed at approx $218.00 and the loss of birds is killing me that's a lot to loose I could have 10 more birds in my freezer Oh and the cost of the shrink bags and labels about $34.00 so

I have bought a total of 15 bags of feed I am doing the fermenting feed It cuts down on the smell and the water they drink I like it just fine it is more work But well its okay not as much work as processing , I am processing right now But taking a break I have 5 plucked and gutted 2 more to go for 7 so far today , I may do a few more we will see time flys when your having fun I am trying to take pictures and a video I will be posting also so keep watching
wee.gif

Up here in NJ, pastured raised birds go for $5.00 - $5.50 / lb. You should move up here - you'd make a killing
gig.gif

Well I'm not selling to the public Just to some one at work I do this to fill my freezer and it is nice because I just ate the last chicken tue night from last years harvest
big_smile.png
and Im now ready to fill again
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom