They make me cold!

Sjisty

Scribe of Brahmalot
12 Years
May 18, 2009
Brooksville
Okay, I know a lot of you guys will laugh at me being cold in Florida. It does get cold here (down in the 20s) in the winter. Over the weekend it was in the 40s here. I let the ducks out of their pen and they went straight to the baby pool! They make me cold just watching them! I know they have lots of body fat, dense feathers, and all that stuff, but don't their feet freeze?

I chip ice out of the pool and my ducks swim in it. If they get cold they will get out, plop on their bellies and tuck their feet under their feathers.

Relax! LOL

Like Wifezilla I break the ice out and add fresh water everyday. My ducks swim/play in their pool year round. Even when it's below zero. Their feet seem to be just fine for winter time fun. I know it doesn't make sense to us, because we aren't built that way. The ducks and geese around here will get angry at me if I don't get the ice cleaned out before they jump in. I've gotten some real dirty looks when they all tumble onto that hard ice first thing in the morning. And boy they all head right for that pool first thing when let out. They love playing in the water, period.

Today it was in the low 20's here and my ducks were out laying in the snow covering their feet. You would think they would go in the barn. I broke the ice and took it out of their pool and they imediately jumped in like they were getting in a hot tub.
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom