They want to make it ALL illegal. What do you think of Senate Bill 510

Quote:
It's gotta be a form letter that someone wrote up and sent to every senator. I got the following:

Dear Friend:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about S. 510, the Food Safety Modernization Act. I appreciate hearing from you about this issue.

According to the Centers of Disease Control (CDC), 76 million people get sick each year in the United States due to a food-borne illness. Of these 76 million, approximately 325,000 people are hospitalized and 5,000 die. I believe this is unacceptable. Because it is my priority to protect the health and safety of Pennsylvanians, I supported S. 510, which provides the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) with the tools and the authority to ensure contaminated foods do not make it onto our kitchen tables or into our children’s lunchboxes.

Senator Richard Durbin of Illinois introduced Food Safety Modernization Act on March 3, 2009.
The Senate Committee on Health, Employment, Labor and Pensions unanimously passed S. 510 on November 18, 2009 and the full Senate passed the bill on November 30, 2010. S. 510 improves the FDA’s capacity to detect and respond to foodborne illnesses by assessing safety threats at food facilities, increasing inspection of imported foods and exploring new ways to track fruits and vegetables in the case of an outbreak. S. 510 provides the FDA the authority to issue a mandatory recall.

In addition, S. 510 contains multiple provisions from the Ending Agricultural Threats: Safeguarding America’s Food for Everyone, otherwise known as the EAT SAFE Act, which I introduced in the 110th and 111th Congresses. These provisions add personnel to detect, track and remove smuggled food and call for the development and implementation of strategies to stop food from being smuggled into the United States.

S. 510 does not outlaw home gardens or family farms. In fact, the bill explicitly states that the produce standards “shall not apply to produce that is produced by an individual for personal consumption.” In addition, the bill contains an exemption from regulations for small facilities and small farms, which was purposefully included to protect America’s family farms. This includes food sold through farmers’ markets, bake sales, road side stands, public events, community supported agriculture and fundraisers.

S. 510 increases inspections for registered food facilities but does not change FDA’s jurisdiction over farms. S. 510 does not require that farms keep any new food safety-related records. S. 510 does not create any new rules in regard to the practice of saving seeds for use from year to year, and does not outlaw, criminalize, or require any specific agricultural or growing practice. Under the Bioterrorism Act of 2002, certain food businesses were considered “facilities” and had to register with FDA. Farms and restaurants were exempted. This definition is not changed in S. 510. If an entity does not need to register now, it will not need to register under this bill.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

If you have access to the Internet, I encourage you to visit my web site, http://casey.senate.gov. I invite you to use this online office as a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,
Bob Casey
United States Senator

AND:

In stark contrast to that response, I got this:

Thank you for your recent letter to my office regarding Judiciary Committee concerns. I appreciate your taking the time to bring your views on this issue to my attention. The concerns of my constituents are of great importance to me, and I rely on you and other Pennsylvanians to inform me of your views. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact my office or visit my website at http://specter.senate.gov.

Sincerely,

Arlen Specter

(what?)

Quote:
That is the crux of the issue right there and the FDA ties to Monsanto and its revolving door of shared employees.

For those who think their Government has their best interest at heart, maybe they should take the time to view the French documentary that was only shown in Europe. I doubt it will ever be shown in North America.

Conspiracy theory ? no, full of facts from those involved that tried to blow the whistle. When they got in the way, they were fired and discredited. Surprising some of the good old boys that were involved from the beginning. It is definitely is not a political party problem. It is a carefully orchestrated plan fueled by power and money.

How many will take the time to watch the documentary to the end? it is almost 2 hours long, (takes a bit of time to load)

For those that are more educated than I, they should include some of this info in their letters to their Senators when asking about the new food safety bill. But, I understand people's fears of retribution after watching this film.
Curious to see if they would address the questions.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4867493254318912106#docid=6262083407501596844

Quote:
That is the crux of the issue right there and the FDA ties to Monsanto and its revolving door of shared employees.

For those who think their Government has their best interest at heart, maybe they should take the time to view the French documentary that was only shown in Europe. I doubt it will ever be shown in North America.

Conspiracy theory ? no, full of facts from those involved that tried to blow the whistle. When they got in the way, they were fired and discredited. Surprising some of the good old boys that were involved from the beginning. It is definitely is not a political party problem. It is a carefully orchestrated plan fueled by power and money.

How many will take the time to watch the documentary to the end? it is almost 2 hours long, (takes a bit of time to load)

For those that are more educated than I, they should include some of this info in their letters to their Senators when asking about the new food safety bill. But, I understand people's fears of retribution after watching this film.
Curious to see if they would address the questions.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4867493254318912106#docid=6262083407501596844

Amen. I get soooo tired of people affixing the label "theorist" to some of us. Up until about 5 years ago I was a regular "trust our leaders" kinda guy. Then I started to see the
blatant lies and fantasy we were fed. Then it was proven to me that we have our military in roughly 60 countries !! I also saw how Big Pharm and Banks were screwing us up.
Once I started looking around and really thought things through I,well,found corruption pervasive everywhere. Now,in particular, I feel there are forces that WANT us in
constant turmoil,doubt,fear,suspicion. These forces also WANT us sick and destitute. It breaks my patriotic heart and soul to see this occuring in America, but there is
no denying it,for me. Others? Well,too many DO deny it's going on or rationalize it away or think it's temporary. HAH -destitution and death sho ain't temporary.
Those of you over 40--don't you see how different our country is compared to 20-30-40 years ago?

Yes, the realization that we are viewed as worker ants and a source of revenue through taxes is sobering. I don't think everybody has that opinion of the public but as we grow older we soon learn that when somebody enters the political world thinking they can make a positive change, they soon realize it is almost fruitless. It is already decided. Its like a big game. Just sign your name here to make it legal. The same goes on in every country.

constant turmoil,doubt,fear,suspicion = Control ...... and that method has been around since forever because it works so perfectly.

If you had watched the French documentary you would recognize this guys name. Michael Taylor aka Mr Monsanto
Now you can blame the present Government of power for the decision to put him in charge of the new food safety group but this guy has been around for awhile, working for and under both political parties.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_R._Taylor

Why on Earth would any administration put this man in any position of power in regards to food safety when it is clear he represents and has been employed by a company that "appears to be" concerned with profit over public long term health safety? Yet he has been in a similar position before under a different party of power.

I try to think beyond the usual obvious reasons because nothing is that simple anymore and never will be again. No longer will the majority of the public swallow what we are told is for our own good. There is far too much info being passed around in this day of electronic interface.

I wonder ?
http://www.lavidalocavore.org/showDiary.do?diaryId=1234

I just wanted to point out that the $500,000 exemption is an amendment that was attached only to the Senate version of the bill that passed. The bill passed in the House does not have that. That is one of the main differences that the two parts of Congress need to work out. Big Ag does not want that amendment. That is probably the biggest reason people need to be vigilant.

I know I covered it before that the $1,800,000,000 that this bill will cost (which the government will have to borrow from our grandchildren) will not save many lives at all. The CDC can't even determine the number of deaths per year we currently have from food born illnesses. They revised their 5,000 to 3,000 this week. So there, we just saved the lives of 2,000 people without spending a dime.

If Bill 510 contains the Codex Alimentarius then the USA has to pass it, or that section of the Bill.
If they don't they will face trade boycotts but only if they are members of the World Health Org, Food Agricultural Org and the United Nations and I believe they are.
Now it makes sense why all these countries are passing Codex Ali. Trade boycott's.

Watch the last link to the Codex video I posted. The WHO and the FAO tied the hands of all the countries. Granted that video is older but the rules can't change too much.
Maybe these new conditions in Bill 510 are to somehow over ride the Codex rules? just a 'out of the ballpark" thought?

Somebody smarter than me could figure it out. There are some pretty smart people who have posted on this thread.
Its too complicated for my already over taxed brain
barnie.gif

Quote:
It's alive and well inside the Omnibus spending bill. The "Food Modernization Act" was momentarily paused due to Senate's attempt to pass it individually as s510. However, it was immediately (and quietly) added to House Amendment to Senate Amendment to House Bill HR 3082 at the last minute and passed the House with taxes/fees intact. Then they hid it inside the Omnibus spending bill. The omnibus spending bill as everyone has heard in the news is full of earmarks and "pork" so it did not pass on the first round. It's still alive and well inside the omnibus bill that they will slice and dice and eventually pass. You can read the s510 act inside the omnibus bill at this link. It starts on page 1685 as Division M Food Safety.

http://appropriations.senate.gov/news.cfm?method=news.view&id=9ac3518e-7e19-4328-bf52-16a6c2a1d333

Back
Top Bottom