They were the best first chickens anyone could have!

Chickenrandomness

12 Years
Sep 13, 2009
Stanley, North Dakota
dog got 2 of my beloved chickens
hit.gif

Sarah was the most friendliest of my flock, she was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo friendly!
Tanaga was the only lap rooster i've ever known.
Dasy is alive, but not doing very well. she won't stand up and she doesn't move except for blinking

hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Last edited:
Oh. That's just terrible. Dogs are, well dogs. I had to put down a wild rabbit that our boxer/bullmastiff caught the other day. She's gotten mice, birds, a mole, a squirrel. I know their just doing what comes naturally but the murder sure gets old, doesn't it?
sad.png

daisy seems to be a little better. she walks a little.

the thing that really surprized me is that the chickens and dogs have been out together for over 3 weeks without problems

Last edited:
Quote:
not out here. i live outside city limits.
besides, they're hearding dogs, a blue heeler and an australian shepherd, they can't stay on leashes. i don't blame the dogs too much. i mean, its only instinct. but, i have been teaching those pups not to chase the chickens which was working until today
sad.png

thanks everyone for your concern. i've lost half my flock to dogs so this isn't new to me
sad.png

in all, i've own 6 chickens in my life, and lost 3 to dogs now.

i've lost Penny my previous EE to a spaniel we were babysitting last summer

now i'm starting to understand dogs and chickens, i'll be more prepared next time

Last edited:
I get scared when I have a favorite because it always seems they're the ones you lose.

Back
Top Bottom