They won't eat the eggs??

Lets hope they dont ask to see the egg shells like my son did when he was younger. I would tell him I ate those eggs but made his scrambled eggs from store bought eggs and that would always be the end of that, but did the same thing every time he ate eggs

So strange, the only reason we got chickens again is because my DH was sooo tired of eatting the "bad store bought eggs" and it was years ago that we had our last chickens.
celebrate.gif

Quote:
You could just keep it to yourself. Make scrambled eggs with stuff in them like sauteed mushrooms, sauteed onions, grated cheese, chopped smoked salmon, chopped green onions, cubes of ham, little pieces of cooked bacon.... so many things go well in scrambled eggs. A little leftover rice and a splash of soy sauce and you have fried rice, just brown the rice a little first, add a few veggies/meat when you add the eggs. Might even get away with egg mcmuffins -- break the egg into a ring and break the yolk, then cheese and some sort of breakfast meat. Use flavorful stuff that will mask the slightly different flavor of egg. Egg foo young should work as well, if you have access to fresh bean sprouts.

Of course, baking is the best disguise; depends how much cake you guys eat!

Wow!! You must have been hungry when you posted this!
gig.gif
Sounds yummy!! Too bad I'm allergic
hit.gif

Duck eggs sell for 60 cents each here. If you have an Asian population, they'd definitely be interested in buying them.

Silly people. It's hard to break food habits. I had a commercial egg sammich yesterday and couldn't finish it. All I tasted was salt and plastic cheese.

do the female ducks need a male to lay eggs??? or are they just like chickens they don't need a males?

I agree with everyone! Just use your duck eggs and enjoy! They do make wonderfully fluffy cakes and baked goods. (Turkey and Goose eggs are even better)
big_smile.png

Mayber after you have fed them to your family long enough, and then they eat those "fake" things they use at the restruants and discover how tasteless they are, then you can spill the beans and tell them what they have been eating...

Good Luck and HAPPY BAKING.......
thumbsup.gif

How big of a difference is there in taste between a chicken, duck, or turkey egg? Just wondering if they are just a stronger taste or what. Thanks.

Duck, Turkey and Goose eggs have a stronger more rich flavor than even the "homegrown" chicken eggs.

I find, like alot of the other BYC members that they are great for use in baking.

You get much fluffier cakes and pastries using them. Besides, especially with the Goose and Turkey eggs, since they are so much larger, you find yourself using less of them.

Well I decided that when I get my chickens I don't want to get ducks. They are a bit messy for me (very wet poop). What about geese and turkeys. I'd imagine that geese might be and turkeys not so much as far as mess goes.

Back
Top Bottom