They won't eat the soy beans!?! Better recipe?

teach1rusl

Love My Chickens
14 Years
Jul 28, 2009
Floyds Knobs, Indiana
My Coop
My Coop
I was so happy to have received a free bag of soy beans from DH's workmate because I've read such good things about the protein boost (have several girls in molt right now).

I tried baking them, and that went well, but I couldn't prepare very much at a time. They stayed pretty seed-like (small, round), and the girls would eat them, although they were last choice of my mixture.

Two days ago I tried the soaking, boiling thing, and refridgerated the whole pot. The plus side is that I was able to cook a LOT at one time, and the beans stayed firm (not mushy), although they now look more like beans rather than little round seeds...guess the water plumps them out. I mixed them in with leftover TGiving Day corn and green beans (added a tiny bit of gravy to the mix to give the soy beans flavor). My daggone girls picked around every soy bean!! I think they managed to lick the gravy off even, but they did NOT eat the soy beans????
barnie.gif

Is there a different, better way to serve soy beans?? Or do you think it's just that they're not used to them??
hu.gif
I can go back to baking them instead, I just can't prepare much at a time that way...

Back
Top Bottom