They're hatching 😆also I need hatchaholics to answer a question!

Okay the Lil guy is on a paper towel and the funky stuff is on a paper towel in the picture below.View attachment 2674718I opened the incubator very briefly but we have other ducklings in there that have pipped, the temp and humidity are back up and it's only been a minute since I opened it, the other ducklings will be okay right? How long does it take for them to become shrink-wrapped?

The gross stuff is egg waste and perfectly normal. The cord will dry and fall off on its own. Was the navel closed properly?

The gross stuff is egg waste and perfectly normal. The cord will dry and fall off on its own. Was the navel closed properly?
As much as I wanted to look and even take pictures of the navel, I had a very upset person (her name starts with Mom) breathing down my neck because I opened the incubator in the first place, so I didn't get the chance to check. Once they've all hatched successfully I will be allowed to open the incubator again. So far the duckling is doing good though, hopping around, talking, telling the other guys to hurry up.

As much as I wanted to look and even take pictures of the navel, I had a very upset person (her name starts with Mom) breathing down my neck because I opened the incubator in the first place, so I didn't get the chance to check. Once they've all hatched successfully I will be allowed to open the incubator again. So far the duckling is doing good though, hopping around, talking, telling the other guys to hurry up.

It sounds like there isn't anything to be concerned about and everything is progressing normally. Good luck on the rest of your hatch!

Ahh, I'm starting to feel guilty. One of the pipped eggs stopped moving and I feel like it's because I opened the incubator!
20210517_221825.jpg
it's the mostly pipped one. It quit moving completely, it was fine before I opened the incubator. Has this happened to anyone else? Does it really just take maybe 10 seconds of having it open and 1 minute of readjusting to kill a duckling?

Ahh, I'm starting to feel guilty. One of the pipped eggs stopped moving and I feel like it's because I opened the incubator!View attachment 2675254it's the mostly pipped one. It quit moving completely, it was fine before I opened the incubator. Has this happened to anyone else? Does it really just take maybe 10 seconds of having it open and 1 minute of readjusting to kill a duckling?
As long as you got the temp and humidity up right away, I can't imagine that would kill a duckling. The one with the large hole almost looks to be malpositioned though

Back
Top Bottom