They're HERE!!!!! One spraddle-legged...Guesses on FRC????

Hubby got the chicks!!!! They're all alive and he says they sooooo cute!!!!! Will have pics VERY soon, he'll be here in like 15 minutes..... counting the seconds.....

Last edited:
I am counting!!!
jumpy.gif

Quote:
Thought about what?
hu.gif
Ordering brahmas? Brahmas come in standard and bantam size. Mine are standard. Full grown the hens should weigh around 9 lbs., the roos 12 lbs.

Oh my gosh Gritsar I thought they only came in Banty size!! Chicken poop!! and you said that Ideal does not have Brahmas do they? Now I really want one, (whine, sniff)
barnie.gif

Quote:
There must be some sort of misunderstanding. Not only does Ideal sell brahmas, they were the only hatchery I looked at that sold all 3 varieties, light, dark, and buff in standard that were sexed. Some of the other hatcheries sold all 3 varieties, but not sexed. If I had to do it all over again, I would have ordered only pullets, since feather sexing is only 90% accurate you're likely to wind up with some males anyhow. I ordered 2 males, got 5. Three have gone to live at a new home.

My second batch arrived this morning, all alive (so far) and peeping. I promptly took them home, (lucky for me my post office is only 10 minutes away) popped them in the brooder, double checked the food and water supply (set it up last night), fired up the heat lamp and headed off for work.

My order is from McMurry (also received order from them in March; did NOT have the sickness issues others exprienced)

DAC DARK CORNISH St. Run 6
PEA PEARL-WHITE LEGHORN Females 4
RIR RHODE ISLAND RED Females 3
BLG BLACK GIANTS Females 2
CKM Cuckoo Maran Str Run 5
SPS SPECKELED SUSSEX Females 5
FRC Free Rare Chick 1

Okay, guys, sorry it took so long....I had to take the kid to a dentist appointment. Here are the pics I promised! The single chick is the oddball, and I'm guessing is the free rare chick. All are alive, but one is a little spraddle legged on one leg. One of the cochins. I put some rubber backed shelf liner in their brooder, and I'm hoping that'll do the trick. Any guesses on the breed of the free rare chick????

DSCN1519.jpg

DSCN1520.jpg

DSCN1525.jpg

DSCN1526.jpg

DSCN1521.jpg

DSCN1522.jpg

DSCN1523.jpg

DSCN1524.jpg

Back
Top Bottom