They're here!! Thanks Ideal!! Fuzzy Butt pics

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by gritsar, Jun 10, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    My 2nd flock arrived this morning.

All arrived fine - They were jumping out of the box at the post office [​IMG]

It only took 24 hrs. this time. Last time it took 48.

Thanks to Ideal for some beautiful chicks. I'm already [​IMG] with the turkens and Ideal did a fine job of giving me a variety of colors in the turkens - a buff/red, a black one, a white one and a multi-colored one. [​IMG]

The salmon faverolles seem a bit crazy, already doing laps in the brooder. Using reverse pyschology we've named the two (unsexed) silkies Heckle and Jeckle, hoping that by giving them male names they'll be females.

Anyhow, here's some pics my DH took to get you started. I'll get more pics by breed after they've had a chance to settle into the brooder.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kinda funny. We're night people so I usually sleep till around 10. For some reason I was wide awake at 7 this morning and the PO called at 8.

2. barred-rocks-rock

barred-rocks-rock Can't stick with a Title

Jul 5, 2009
    Oh My God! This is the one year anniversary that I got chicks! We have the same chickaversary!! [​IMG] They are really cute though!

3. CalebtheChicken

CalebtheChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Jeremiah, Ky.
    I remember when my 16 chicks came from mypetchicken. I already had 5 I got from 4-H, the five in the minority freaked out because they were being overun!!!

But the 16 kept passing out, I guess cause of the long ride, so the 5 just slept with them! I guess monkey see monkey do.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  4. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] congrats on the cute little buggers. I love the little Turkens [​IMG]. Never thought I wanted one but now? Me thinks me does. LOL [​IMG]

5. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Congrats!! Turkens will soon be the new silkie!! LOL They will take over the world [​IMG] Love the cute lil chick pics!!

6. Berkshiremom

Berkshiremom Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2010
    Western MA
    They are such cute little babies...I can't wait till tommorrow when my little faverolles arrive!!!!

7. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I think so too! They are just too freakin cute! The silkies are cute of course, but nothing beats a solid black turken that looks like she is wearing a bad toupee. [​IMG]

8. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    They have such sweet dispositions! Hope you have the ones with bowties!!

9. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:As far as I can tell, all four have the bowties. [​IMG] I haven't handled them alot yet. I did lay my hand on the floor of the brooder and three of them ran over to see what I had. OMG! Talk about food driven!
    My black turken has been named in honor of speckledhen's hen, Ivy. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by