They're here; they're home . . .

Mine too, when they are really young. I always think that they died but I know they ate just sleeping. Even after owning 2 broods of chicks it's always weird when they sleep like that 😆
Agree!!! I see mine do it now and I have to remind myself they are fine. I will still stand there though and watch their belly to make sure they are breathing 😂

Same here except sometimes I wake them up......doesn't make for a very happy chick though lol 😆 😅 :jumpy
I imagine not lmao! My first batch I did cause sometimes I couldn’t tell if they were sleeping or dead. They would be chirping at me forever and running around until they just dropped asleep again 🤣 oh I love this stage!

Last edited:
I imagine not lmao! My first batch I did cause sometimes I could tell if they were sleeping or dead. They would be chirping at me forever and running around until they just dropped asleep again 🤣 oh I love this stage!
It's the best! It seems like yesterday my chicks were little fluff balls, now they are 3 weeks 2 days and getting so big. I already want more.....but then again.....I always want more 😆

It's the best! It seems like yesterday my chicks were little fluff balls, now they are 3 weeks 2 days and getting so big. I already want more.....but then again.....I always want more 😆
Yeah…I’m kinda stuck in that too 😂 mine will be 2 weeks tomorrow and still pretty fluffy. And tiny. I’m pretty sure my last batch (10 weeks old now) grew a lot faster with their feathering. Especially my French Black Maran, which is what these little ones are.

Yeah…I’m kinda stuck in that too 😂 mine will be 2 weeks tomorrow and still pretty fluffy. And tiny. I’m pretty sure my last batch (10 weeks old now) grew a lot faster with their feathering. Especially my French Black Maran, which is what these little ones are.
My last batch was about the same as these but in this batch I have 2 cinnamon queens, 1 sapphire gem and 1 buff Orpington. The cinnamon queens and sapphire gem are feathering out quite well(the sapphire gem is a tad slower but not much) but the buff orp is much slower (as expected), she is still really cute and fluffy but getting some feathers now. My first batch were Easter Eggers and feathered at the same rate as the sapphire gem. Here is the cinnamon queen vs the buff orp
20220804_145548.jpg
20220804_145608.jpg
20220804_145411.jpg
20220804_145457.jpg

My last batch was about the same as these but in this batch I have 2 cinnamon queens, 1 sapphire gem and 1 buff Orpington. The cinnamon queens and sapphire gem are feathering out quite well(the sapphire gem is a tad slower but not much) but the buff orp is much slower (as expected), she is still really cute and fluffy but getting some feathers now. My first batch were Easter Eggers and feathered at the same rate as the sapphire gem. Here is the cinnamon queen vs the buff orpView attachment 3214535View attachment 3214536View attachment 3214537View attachment 3214538
Oh they are ADORABLE!!!

Back
Top Bottom