they're here!

JENNIFERG

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 17, 2014
East Aurora, NY
my chicks arrived yesterday! they're so stinking cute! everyone survived the trip and they took to their new home. i ordered seven different breeds (speckled sussex, barred rock, gl wyandotte, rir, brahmas an easter egger and a jersey giant), some i can decipher, some i cannot. here's some pics of the babies

everyone seems happy in their new home :)

not sure what these guys are

or these

RIR

brahmas

the one on the right is a barred rock i'm pretty sure and the left i think is a gl wyandotte

Cappy, one of my three border collies...loves the chicks...he's the chicken guard!

my chicks arrived yesterday! they're so stinking cute! everyone survived the trip and they took to their new home. i ordered seven different breeds (speckled sussex, barred rock, gl wyandotte, rir, brahmas an easter egger and a jersey giant), some i can decipher, some i cannot. here's some pics of the babies

everyone seems happy in their new home :)

not sure what these guys are

or these

RIR

brahmas

the one on the right is a barred rock i'm pretty sure and the left i think is a gl wyandotte

Cappy, one of my three border collies...loves the chicks...he's the chicken guard!

Bottom pic - the one of the left (with the eye liner) is your EE, not your GLW

Your GLW are going to be dark chicks - more along the lines of one of the second and third pictures (edited because I realized "top picture" was the group shot)

Last edited:
thanks! i was trying to look for the fluff under the chin (for the EE) but none of them seem to have that, maybe it's too early. there are three that look similar to the one with the eye liner eyes, but i only ordered one EE and 3 GLW. time will tell, they change so fast.

How many speckled Sussex did you order? The eyeliner bunch may be your SS.
Do you have a chick with off colored (greenish) legs?

Which hatchery did you use? Many have pictures on their site that can be helpful sorting everyone out.

How many speckled Sussex did you order? The eyeliner bunch may be your SS.
Do you have a chick with off colored (greenish) legs?

Which hatchery did you use? Many have pictures on their site that can be helpful sorting everyone out.
i got 2 sussex, and i didn't notice off colored legs but i will check them when i get home from work. i got them through mypetchkicken, i was on their site checking out their pics and did a lot of googling yesterday to try and figure it out

i got 2 sussex, and i didn't notice off colored legs but i will check them when i get home from work. i got them through mypetchkicken, i was on their site checking out their pics and did a lot of googling yesterday to try and figure it out

How many of each breed did you order and how many of each type of chick pictured did you receive? Knowing that can help match up chicks to breeds with some of the more similar or varied types.

Did you get any more chicks than the number you ordered? It may be that the 'packing peanuts' that were used are throwing off your breed to order matching - ie having three that appear to be SS when you only ordered 2.

Back
Top Bottom