Things Mom used to say...(or your Dad)

Person asks my dad: How are you feeling?
My dad: With my fingers.

Person asks my dad: How ya been?
My dad: At my waist (Get it? Been = BEND - at the waist.) Dad was corny.
roll.png

Take these vitamins or else you will get worms.

Last edited:
Quote:
It is in the middle of africa

oh that reminds me of one

"you better eat all that food.. there's starving people in Africa"
(now.. just how in the heck is me cleaning my plate going to help people in another country?.. never did figure that one out... lol)

I've actually said to my daughter "You best eat your dinner and be thankful. There are people right here in our own neighborhood who don't get enough to eat, so don't be wasteful!!" Here response one day was "Well, let' go share!"
lol.png

Gag a maggot on a gut wagon! (anything gross)

Drop that lip any farther and you will step on it! (While pouting...)

Don't eat standing up- all the food goes to your feet!

Gonna go see a man about a dog. (means gotta go to the bathroom - usually outside )

SHUT THE DOOR! Were you raised in a barn?

"when they were handin' out brains that boy thought they said trains and said naw, I'll catch the next one."

"if you keep making that face your face will freeze that way."

forgot one.. "where's mom?" reply from dad- "she went to *poop* and the hogs ate her"

(course he used another word for poop.)

I never understood this, we lived in the city and had no pigs... (or an outhouse for that matter)

Last edited:
My grandmother's face really did freeze so when mom said that we didn't keep making faces.

Don't kill your brother, he's got to get through the 1st grade.
Don't kill your brother, he's got to get through the 2nd grade....repeat.

Quote:
That one must have Appalachian roots, my dad never used it but I remember him telling stories about his uncles saying it. They did have pigs and outhouses.

Quote:
That one must have Appalachian roots, my dad never used it but I remember him telling stories about his uncles saying it. They did have pigs and outhouses.

idunno.gif
Mom's from michigan and dad is from florida.

Quote:
"Don't stab your sister with a fork"
(this is after I got in trouble for going after her with a butcher knife... happened a lot.. but that's cause i was youngest and they were all bigger than I was.. so I had to defend myself... for instance one of my sisters shoved me down the stairs when I had a broken shoulder... ended up with several broken toes by the time I reached the bottom step.. wasn't easy being a kid in my parent's house..)

Back
Top Bottom