Things you never said until you had chickens.......

SON!!
highfive.gif
gig.gif

Said to the next door neighbors: "No, really, we don't have a rooster. Our parrot just learned how to crow like one!" then, a few weeks later neighbour says, "Every morning we hear your parrot crowing and we just laugh so hard!" trust me, I'm laughing harder!!!!!! She even told some people who came to her door ' No, it sounds like a rooster, doesn't it? But it's their parrot!"

Also:
"How did you chickens get upstairs?!?!"

"No, you cannot lay an egg in the dog's crate!!"

Living with house chickens is fun!!

The latest..... I gave my sister some eggs from my d'uccle. she says, "These eggs are so small!" I said, "They are low cholesterol eggs" LOL

Said to the next door neighbors: "No, really, we don't have a rooster. Our parrot just learned how to crow like one!" then, a few weeks later neighbour says, "Every morning we hear your parrot crowing and we just laugh so hard!" trust me, I'm laughing harder!!!!!! She even told some people who came to her door ' No, it sounds like a rooster, doesn't it? But it's their parrot!"
ok, it's not to do with chickens, but your story... i have to fess up... it's so embarrassing...
so I say, "it's the Postal Carrier, I have a package for you" as I'm walking up the walkway. again, I hear "hello?" so I say again... "it's the Postal Carrier, I have a package for you"... now I'm up to the porch... and again, I hear "hello?" so I look up.
I'm just happy there wasn't a hidden camera. imagine that going viral on youtube.

"No, don't throw that away--we can feed that to the chickens."
"No, no, I mean Gladys the chicken, not Grandma Gladys." (One of our hens is named after my grandmother. It's not a problem until we have family over and someone is confused by comments like "You should see Gladys run!")
"Don't forget to check your shoes."
"Of course there's poop--there's ALWAYS POOP."
"Who wants a tasty cockroach?"
"Has anyone seen my rooster-smacking stick?" (Also called the "respect stick", I started carrying it with me after our rooster started attacking me.)
There are others but... they're not exactly G-rated. Mostly puns utilizing the alternate term for a "rooster".
big_smile.png

I am just using chicken analogies all the time now with my students and my coworkers. Today I said both:
Now don't get your feathers all ruffled over that! It was nothing. --to a student.
and
Obviously this is a chicken and egg problem! Which came first? The problem or the students. -- to a coworker
And the like. I haven't come out of the "closet" yet that I own chickens, so I had better be careful.

A discussion some of us might have had with our rooster:

"Speckles, if you want the ladies to give you plenty of action you need to treat them right. The key is foreplay..."

Or with the hens:

"Skitchley, get off my head! There's to be no fighting on my head! And don't you try to look all innocent Ginger - I saw that!"

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

"O, I'm gonna toss you in the pot and have you for dinner if you do that one more time!!!! I mean it! I wont even mind! wait...wait...
barnie.gif
come here you little******!"
he.gif
idunno.gif
lau.gif
To Leroy...my sweet roo gone bad boy....as he's giving me "the look": Don't EVEN think about it mister. I'm broke and I'm hungry! (Just got back from feed store)

Back
Top Bottom