Things you wish you could say

My sister worked for a credit card company. It was her job to call people who were seriously behind in paying off their debt - many of them were elderly and she was able to help a lot of them get into the company programs to assist in paying of debt.

She got air-horned twice and now lives with tinnitus - so not cool folks.

Yeah, those calls are annoying. Just hang up. Nothing you do will stop your number from being on their list.

Those people are just doing their jobs and probably not enjoying calling you either. And at least they are employed somewhere. I find that most of the car insurance calls are robo-calls anyway and there is a pause between when you say hello and they start speaking. Hang up.

I normally answer the phone with:
“City Morgue. You stab em we’ll slab em. You kill em we’ll chill em.” There is normally a long pause before they ask to speak to a specific person. I respond with “that one hasn’t come in yet but let me double check the toe tags.” If they don’t hang up, they wait a long time for me to come back and say, “nope, they haven’t arrived yet”

That's totally different than a scam call. That's someone honestly working and doing their job.
Yeah, I’m sure no one here would air horn someone for doing their job. It’s pretty obvious when it’s a scammer versus an honest person working. The people that air horned her are clearly jerks. No one here would do that. Plus I’m sure everyone here pays their stuff anyway so they don’t get those calls.

I suppose you don't remember the series Becker with Ted Danson and his air horn waiting for the unsolicited sales calls.
I don't know this series, but back in the days while still living in a big city, we had quite a lot of unsolicited sexually harassment calls, even when the kids answered the phone.

So blowing the whistle attached to the phone was the only way to send them packing and never try again. Nasty child molesters.

If you find information either way, please share. I'd have a mild reaction from their fried chicken chunks, but that has been several years and things change. Quick search only showed information from 2019 and nothing on their site.
My quick search showed the same. Nothing after 2019. But why risk it? Hopefully they don't use it but you never know

I normally answer the phone with:
“City Morgue. You stab em we’ll slab em. You kill em we’ll chill em.” There is normally a long pause before they ask to speak to a specific person. I respond with “that one hasn’t come in yet but let me double check the toe tags.” If they don’t hang up, they wait a long time for me to come back and say, “nope, they haven’t arrived yet”
I do the same thing!!

Back
Top Bottom