Things you wish you could say

These guys, and a lot of other relief workers, are busting their A$$es in unrelenting heat, away from home, probably sleeping in FEMA camps, in tents. (DW and I did after Katrina.) Just wanted to give them all a 'Shout Out'.
01GEPVMM5958HEZK6K43P70QXMlinemen.jpeg

Last edited:
These guys, and a lot of other relief workers, are busting their A$$es in unrelenting heat, away from home, probably sleeping in camps, in tents. (DW and I did after Katrina.) Just wanted to give them all a 'Shout Out'.
View attachment 3284811
Yeah, saw a group heading back north today. I'm guessing they rotate crews.

WoW! I just realized where you live. Hope you didn't get wacked too bad.
A lot of times they have to re allocate resources. There was a lot of damage from S Carolina to New Jersey (maybe their home base.)
Don't let the politicians and news media play y'all against each other like they did New Orleans and Mississippi after Katrina. DW and I had 2 houses destroyed in New Orleans but we were working for the US Public Health Service in South Mississippi. We got to see it from both sides. 'All the services, money and attention was going to the other guys.' Can't have the people taking care of themselves and helping each other, they won't need us. (Sorry I'm trying to keep it social, not political.)
When we left N. Carolina after two weeks to escape Katrina, we passed S. Carolina National Guard, leaving the Gulf Coast to address the hurricane bearing down on their State. We joked that DW's aunt had to swap refugees as her BIL was coming in from S. Carolina.😄

Unscathed. Thanks for the concern.
Great! You can never tell. You could be in the path and loose some branches. You could be a hundred miles away and have a tree fall on your house.
My sister complained endlessly after Katrina about the branches and her lattice blowing down. She would do this in front of DW and I who lost two houses.

I certainly could say this, I suppose, though for the most part it's happened on threads I've only lurked in and I'd feel rather out of place just posting to say it, but...

Just because this is the random ramblings section does not mean that every thread here should be turned into a gif war!! :barnie

I certainly could say this, I suppose, though for the most part it's happened on threads I've only lurked in and I'd feel rather out of place just posting to say it, but...

Just because this is the random ramblings section does not mean that every thread here should be turned into a gif war!! :barnie
Celebrate Denise Richards GIF by CBS

🤭

Back
Top Bottom