Things you wish you could say

The front one cracks me up. I know they're stressed, but they do look like you walked in on them doing something they're not supposed to 😅😆
That's exactly what I did.. busted them trying to get out of the chicken run after their failed raid attempt LOL. They'd gotten themselves to the corner and were trying unsuccessfully to look all rough and tough. I wasn't buying it.. they got unceremoniously grabbed by the legs, dangled upside down, and inelegantly stuffed headfirst into a smelly cat cage :p Yup I imagine they're both stressed AND pissed!

But really.. they're quite alright.. sitting in a shady place all covered up for the time being. I'll go out later and shoot a hare or something and leave it somewhere for them so they can have a meal once they get over their humiliation :p

But really.. they're quite alright.. sitting in a shady place all covered up for the time being. I'll go out later and shoot a hare or something and leave it somewhere for them so they can have a meal once they get over their humiliation :p
I hope they get the hint and take their "fast food" to go.

I hope they get the hint and take their "fast food" to go.
I find they really aren't that interested in my chicken run if there are other food sources around so yes if there is an easier food option available they're generally happy to avail themselves. Usually we throw possum or pukeko carcasses out for them but have been too busy to hunt lately :(

I had a whole truckload of teenagers over this weekend so there was a LARGE offering of scraps to the chickens yard the last couple of days. I suspect the hawks were more interested in coming for a look at that rather than bothering the chickens.

In any case I have several larger roosters in there now and between them all they were keeping the hens well protected! Good Lads <3

I'm afraid that reminds of the story of a Cajun who had a fondness for gros-becs (local name for Night Heron and federally protected). He was hauled to court by the game warden who caught him with a sack of them.
The judge heard his story, essentially " I didn't do it and I'll never do it again" and decided to give him a break, suspending his sentence. As they were leaving, the judge asked the man "By the way, what DO Gros-becs taste like?
The old swamper smiled and said "Bald Eagle."
Good night Ya'll.

, but not everyone posting is responsible for your happiness
I was thinking the same thing. We should try to uphold the scholastic endeavor to further scientific understanding of poultry as exemplified in the title of this thread.
Oh wait. The title is " Things you wish you could say". I guess that makes it wide open. Never mind.

Had this at my register when I used to be a cashier

Attachments

• ashes-problem-customers-11439243.jpg
    ashes-problem-customers-11439243.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom