Things you wish you could say

I admit I have also been guilty of too much information. I try to watch to see if the person's eyes are glazing over and take a hint.
At the hospital we have to check people in and among the silly and sometimes embarrassing questions we have to know what medications there taking. We sometimes have to hear about what there taking, as well as all their family and friends. Or they just say "Three white ones and a brown one."
:he

1 Stop labling emergency threads "HELP!!" or "😢😢😭😭😢😢😭"

2 Don't get all pi**y when no one responds in literally a minute or two. You are not the only one making threads. There are more people making threads than people that feel comfortable helping whatever your problem is. Give them some time to actually read it
:goodpost:

That is one of my biggest complaints. In the amount of time it takes to enter all those emojis, or whatever the heck they are, you could have created your entire post. If it's an emergency, why are you taking extra time?

I also don't do well with drama and overly emotional people, so seeing those types of posts makes the person's IQ drop at least 10 points in my mind.

They then complain they don't get a response right away. Well, have something in your title that provides a clue as to what you are looking for. When there are 10 threads that start with EMERGENCY or HELP, people have to open each one to see what the problem is, when they may not be able to help once they read it. If you can clearly see from the title that you won't have an answer, you can get to the ones where you may be able to help that much faster.

Okay, it's been two days since I've done the dishes. That is not an excuse to pile your dirty plates and bowls on top of the pile instead of putting them into the dishwasher.
I TOTALLY feel you on that one.

One of my pet peeves is that my family don't ever stack their dishes (dont' get me started on why they couldn't put them in the empty dishwasher). Each plate and cup takes up a separate space on the bench - and some bright spark inevitably ends up balancing plates precariously on the edge :( Grrrrr....

It's sad.. but I admit it.. This morning I cleaned the kitchen at 5.30am then took a picture of it in that cleaned state so when my dearest asks why I'm so scratchy at the kids tonight - I have "before" and "after" examples to illustrate my point that three kids shouldn't need to generate THAT many dishes in one day.

I TOTALLY feel you on that one.

One of my pet peeves is that my family don't ever stack their dishes (dont' get me started on why they couldn't put them in the empty dishwasher). Each plate and cup takes up a separate space on the bench - and some bright spark inevitably ends up balancing plates precariously on the edge :( Grrrrr....

It's sad.. but I admit it.. This morning I cleaned the kitchen at 5.30am then took a picture of it in that cleaned state so when my dearest asks why I'm so scratchy at the kids tonight - I have "before" and "after" examples to illustrate my point that three kids shouldn't need to generate THAT many dishes in one day.
Time for the kids to take over dishwashing duty. They'll start reusing their water glasses right quick.

Background - this topic came up as a comment in another thread but I didn't want to highjack the main topic there so am posting here instead.

Parents - when you are naming your child be kind. Think of whether that bundle of joy wants to walk into a business meeting and introduce themselves with that name. After 20 years working in the school system, I swear some people purposely choose a name with as many vowels as possible, unpronounceable, and always had to be spelled out. I'm not saying we need to regulate names, although Quebec does. Maybe use your cute name as a nickname instead.

I asked one child with a hyphenated last name what they would do it they had a child with a person who also had a hyphenated last name. Between us, we came up with a great solution. Get a Scrabble game. Put all the letters from the 4 names into a bag and shake. Pick out 8 and voila - a new last name.
IN a similar vein - A friend of mine wanted to change her name after her divorce, but did not want to revert to her maiden name - so she made a surname out of the letters of her childrens names. I LOVE the idea!!!

Back
Top Bottom