Things you wish you could say

I think the only difference in the generations is that much of mine and younger never even had a Plan A. Plan B for women my age is now trolling the bars or lamenting online that they can't find any good, decent men that'll take care of their children from multiple relationships. (And wow, some of my friends are b-i-t-t-e-r!)

People that have been on their own are less likely than ever to want to "settle down" (not that they're not loyal, they just like their independence). I'm the same way, the only guys I meet have at least 2 kids, many with young kids. I can retire in 8 years and I'll still be young, I don't want to mess with kids younger than college age now, let alone then.

I think many in my generation never had the option of plan A. College and debt for a job that didn't exist.
Therein lies the proof of no Plan A.
I knew exactly what I was going to do from the age of 8. During my freshman orientation I found out that my University graduated more marine biology majors each semester than there were jobs in the world. I changed disciplines that day to a more broad field of biology that was diverse enough that jobs would always be available, including marine biology if I was lucky enough to land one. And after graduation and landing my dream job, deciding it actually sucked and going into another field, I've still never stopped learning or working for what I want.

Unless you have a degree in journalism, then you are correct.

Therein lies the proof of no Plan A.
I knew exactly what I was going to do from the age of 8. During my freshman orientation I found out that my University graduated more marine biology majors each semester than there were jobs in the world. I changed disciplines that day to a more broad field of biology that was diverse enough that jobs would always be available, including marine biology if I was lucky enough to land one. And after graduation and landing my dream job, deciding it actually sucked and going into another field, I've still never stopped learning or working for what I want.

Unless you have a degree in journalism, then you are correct.
I think it's much more than journalism, but I'm glad you made it work for you. Myself? Little college, no college debt. Solid job in a field that AI/automation can't do.....yet.

Back
Top Bottom