Things you wish you could say

My office is right on the other side of the wall from your bed. I don't need to hear you two bumping uglies in there.
Oh, the things I wish I could say were I there and heard that.... :lau

There was a Michael J. Fox movie where he was in an apartment and could hear the neighbors. He was holding a can of beer, and "conducting." At the appropriate moment, he opens the can and foam sprays out all over. :lau

This reminds me of my mother-in-law, even though it's not exactly the same scenario. She lives out of state, so I send her lots of pictures of the kids with the animals and stuff, and sometimes she asked me questions. I like to be honest, "oh yeah, those are the meat chickens". And she always has some comment about how it's sad, or how she could never do it, or how she can't wait until the day she dies so no more animals have to die, yada yada yada. But she's not a vegan or vegetarian, she just buys regular old meat from the store, not even the ones with the buzzwords. She just balks at the idea of actually having to do the killing herself. It's annoying to think that the meat she's eating was raised in far worse conditions and suffered more than the pasture raised meat birds that my family is raising and she still needs to comment on it. 🙄
But this is one of her only faults. She is a very kind, kind woman by all counts.
My mother in law is similar, except I'm a little meaner. LOL She has no problems eating meat of all kinds from the store, but when I start talking about processing our chickens, lambs, etc when we get them, she starts crying!! She even "laughingly" called me a murderer one time. I asked her where she thought the meat she eats comes from and she said the store. She's also the person who said "who's gonna clean your house??" when she saw the house we bought and still to this day complains because she thinks we're going to have HER clean it. Even though I have never liked her coming over and cleaning my house, ever! ugh! I don't have trouble telling her what for though. LOL Possibly because she forgets it a minute later because her memory is shot.

Back
Top Bottom