Things you wish you could say

After hearing about the troubles of another person, some people feel the need to make it known that their lives are so much better, and I detest it. Sometimes their proclamations of situational superiority also seem to blame the troubled individual(s) for their unfortunate circumstances. You'd think that with lives so great they wouldn't feel the need to rub it in the faces of individuals who aren't quite as blessed.

I got my first rabbit from a pet store. It was a terrible place, and I'm glad I got her out of there when I did. The owner had a Tegu that walked around the shop and scared all the other animals. I consider her a kind of rescue. I don't agree with buying animals from stores like that. We just happened to see her and fall in love.
Nice pet stores though, that actually care about the animals, there is nothing wrong with buying animals from there.
As long as the pet store gets a rabbit from a reputable breeder its fine. even the ones who take care of the animals well, don’t usually get them from a good sources. I also don’t agree with the way pet stores will sell to all most anyone, they probably get a lot of impulse buyers

On the topic of rabbits, I also hate how much animal abuse happens.

With animals for meat or fur, that is a different story

but hamsters, rabbits, guinea pigs, etc living in your home, as pets.. not with a butcher date or as breeding stock.. there is NO reason to keep that animal in a tiny cage. The amount of hamsters in critter trails, guinea pigs shoved into cages not appropriate, and etc. Boggles my mind. Don't get a pet if you aren't willing to give it proper care.

Same with fish. Somebody should outlaw fish bowls.

As long as the pet store gets a rabbit from a reputable breeder its fine. even the ones who take care of the animals well, don’t usually get them from a good sources. I also don’t agree with the way pet stores will sell to all most anyone, they probably get a lot of impulse buyers
As a someone who has a friend that gets petstore rabbits (she has her second now, and does try her best to keep them healthy and happy), i can say that both were in fact impulse buys

On the topic of rabbits, I also hate how much animal abuse happens.

With animals for meat or fur, that is a different story

but hamsters, rabbits, guinea pigs, etc living in your home, as pets.. not with a butcher date or as breeding stock.. there is NO reason to keep that animal in a tiny cage. The amount of hamsters in critter trails, guinea pigs shoved into cages not appropriate, and etc. Boggles my mind. Don't get a pet if you aren't willing to give it proper care.

Same with fish. Somebody should outlaw fish bowls.
My bettas actually do great in bowls. They interact with their tanks far more than when I have them in the larger tanks with other fish and power filters

Back
Top Bottom