Things you wish you could say

Absolutely and they are small. The ones you buy in the store go through major processing before you ever see them. I don't know what those start out like but the Russian Olives that grow well in the Rocky Mountain areas are little and fuzzy.. Their seed is nearly as big as the whole olive is.
They are a pest in NM but the flowers really smell good. I never knew they were edible!

Funny story. I had taken my girlfriend to an outdoor opera and the exhaust pipe broke about the time we got to the Muny. (not the funny part). I drove very carefully to get her back home without attracting a lot of attention. I headed home which was at the extreme edge of the metro area. Basically rural. A controlled substance was involved. (this was over 50 years ago) I got to the stop sign at a 3 way stop, the end of the highway where I had to turn to go home (1/3 mile away). I fell asleep at the stop.
When I awoke there was a police car sitting at the stop sign to my left. I sobered up fast and slowly stepped on the gas which you can imagine was quite loud. As slowly as possible I made my way home. The policeman went straight ahead into a bait shop parking lot. He bided his time knowing he had me dead to rights. As soon as I got somewhat out of ear shot, I floored it. 1/4 mile to the turn into my subdivision in this 6 cylinder. By this time he started chasing me.
My house was the first street on the left and the first house. I pulled in the driveway, shut the engine and lights off and jumped behind the shrubs. He drove right past knowing this was a dead end road and he assumed he could catch me. I went in the house, got undressed and got in bed. I could hear that interceptor engine roaring through the subdivision.
I can't believe he didn't get my license number while we were parked at the intersection.
I don't recommend it but there were no repercussions.

Last edited:
Last edited:
They are a pest in NM but the flowers really smell good. I never knew they were edible!
In my opinion the blossoms stink really bad like a very heavy perfume. One of nature's natural "stinkums".

Yes they are edible but not worth the effort. The birds do love them.

Back to things you wish you could say. (or what bugs me)
It bugs me when someone posts a question without any pertinent information but with lots of meaningless information.
If you are having an issue in your flock whether health or behavioral,
I don't need to know the names of the birds - that isn't helpful.
I need to know breeds, ages, numbers, housing/bedding/roosting/ventilation description, penned or free range, where in the world are you, etc.
I don't care what the names are. That tells me absolutely nothing.

Maybe I should answer with, "Bruce is a really crappy name for a chicken, maybe that's his problem."
But, but, but…. What about “Bruce Campbell?”

Back
Top Bottom