Things you wish you could say

So true. My mom thinks it's a shame that my son only has one set of grandparents(my parents). I told her it's not a shame at all. Staying in touch with the inlaws would have been a shame, a damn damn shame
Those who have toxic family understand. People who are close to their families really, truly, don't. I told my brother I never wanted to see him again 32 years ago. I had to deal with him in several Zoom meetings last year when my aunt passed away, but I mostly ignored him. It may have been petty, but I spoke to the relatives in Japanese so I didn't have to speak to him.

Those who have toxic family understand. People who are close to their families really, truly, don't. I told my brother I never wanted to see him again 32 years ago. I had to deal with him in several Zoom meetings last year when my aunt passed away, but I mostly ignored him. It may have been petty, but I spoke to the relatives in Japanese so I didn't have to speak to him.
Sorry you had to deal with that, it's rough. I am actually very close to my family. My husband's is the one we have the issues with. Your brother doesn't know Japanese?

Sorry you had to deal with that, it's rough. I am actually very close to my family. My husband's is the one we have the issues with. Your brother doesn't know Japanese?
My mom didn't teach us Japanese as children. She thought it would confuse us, so she only spoke English at home. I studied Japanese as an adult, long after she'd passed away.

She got her master's degree in English, so she taught us college level English. 🤣

My mom didn't teach us Japanese as children. She thought it would confuse us, so she only spoke English at home. I studied Japanese as an adult, long after she'd passed away.

She got her master's degree in English, so she taught us college level English. 🤣
That's very cool!

Back
Top Bottom