Things you wish you could say

Maybe everyone should be required to work a retail job for at least a few months so they understand what employees have to deal with and will be more understanding.
Gah. Been in pizza places for 4 years. Never hated it more than currently between staff shortages and people being so freaking entitled. Yes, you technically pay some portion of our paycheck, but not enough for me to freaking care. We pull in far, far more than what we are paid and what pays the bills, if you storm off in a huff, I'll be strong and some how manage to hold it together, I promise

Another thing, because now I'm venting.

If you want people to apply, raise the wage!

I mean f@(%, I'm making literally half of what I could be at McDonald's and they have better schedule stability. In a town where you're the only store paying minimum wage and can't even guarantee 2 days off a week for anyone but you and you literally require open availability outside of the local highschool hours to even look at the resume, it's not a surprise everyone is applying elsewhere.

I've never missed a day of work. I haven't been sick in the 4 months I've been there, and any time I had a family advent or ANY advent coming up, I made sure it was 2 weeks in advance or I just didn't go.
I've been late twice to work in 4 years (one time at my old job and once at my current job). Neither were reasons I could have put off or scheduled though. Once, my horse colicked and I had to keep her moving until the vet and my mom could get there and the other time my keys were locked in my professors classroom and he wouldn't be back to unlock it before the next morning and I had to get a ride to work.

Unfortunately my boss doesn't believe me with the second reason.

I've been late twice to work in 4 years (one time at my old job and once at my current job). Neither were reasons I could have put off or scheduled though. Once, my horse colicked and I had to keep her moving until the vet and my mom could get there and the other time my keys were locked in my professors classroom and he wouldn't be back to unlock it before the next morning and I had to get a ride to work.

Unfortunately my boss doesn't believe me with the second reason.
Annoying. I am so consistent that If I where late, I don't think my boss would care too much. Obviously if I where late it would be for a good reason and he's understanding.

But we've been having an issue with people expecting to get off without the two weeks notice or just not showing up to go do something else.

Annoying. I am so consistent that If I where late, I don't think my boss would care too much. Obviously if I where late it would be for a good reason and he's understanding.

But we've been having an issue with people expecting to get off without the two weeks notice or just not showing up to go do something else.
Yeah, no. I put in my 2 week notice and even offered to finish out the pay period (an extra 4 days). And let me tell ya, they mainly were all glad for that. I really miss my old place sometimes. But It has just gone down hill since I left and I know I can't ever go back now

Because you left?
Because so many of us left and they were insisting on stupid rules (like you could only drink coke products in thebback room because we only sold coke products and It would be promoting a different product, when there isnliterally no way a customer can see what we have for drinks in the back room)

I wasn't on the first waves of quits, but we literally lost about half our people in one night. They were so understaffed they hired anyone that passed a basic background test, didn't even bother a drug test because they needed people that badly.

Back
Top Bottom