Things you wish you could say

i guess i’m wondering why everyone in this thread feels like they can’t say the things they’re posting here.
Well... Ever have one of those moments where your mouth doesn't work in the moment and that perfect reply comes to you long afterwards?

For me, some of the things I would like to say would damage the relationship I have with their significant other. I may like them but think that their spouse is a waste of air and space. Other times it's not worth the conflict. I pick my fights carefully.

Well... Ever have one of those moments where your mouth doesn't work in the moment and that perfect reply comes to you long afterwards?

For me, some of the things I would like to say would damage the relationship I have with their significant other. I may like them but think that their spouse is a waste of air and space. Other times it's not worth the conflict. I pick my fights carefully.
i speak my mind regardless. life is too short to leave things unsaid.

i don’t need people around who can’t handle hearing the truth and i also don’t want to be around people i can’t stand.

honesty is always easier.

An example:

I wish I could say "I finished everything on my to-do list today."
Since I actually have plenty of things left on the list, I cannot say that. I would like it to be true, but it is not.
yeah that’s fair.

but most of the posts in here are snarky comments people want to say to other people.

i say drop the snark, and just speak to that person plainly and honestly

yeah that’s fair.

but most of the posts in here are snarky comments people want to say to other people.

i say drop the snark, and just speak to that person plainly and honestly
I've done a few of the snarky ones, too.

For example:

I don't care whether you're new, or whether you've been raising chickens for decades, please do a bit of research before trying to answer people's questions. (And if you think I might be talking to you: do MORE research.)

Not every chick belongs to the only two breeds you can name.
Not every problem is one of the two diseases you can name.
Not every problem can be cured by apple cider vinegar or probiotics.
Most chicks can NOT be sexed by looking at the feathers on their wings, or at how quickly they grow their feathers.

:mad:

When I actually see such a person posting in a thread, I try to give some polite answer like "no, that chicken is not a Buckeye because it has feathered feet and Buckeyes have clean feet," but sometimes I need to vent too. It has seemed to me that plenty of other people are doing that kind of thing too.

It's a way to get the benefit of being polite (one place) and the benefit of letting off steam (in this thread.)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom