Things you wish you could say

i guess i’m wondering why everyone in this thread feels like they can’t say the things they’re posting here.
In one case, because I love the person and don't want to hurt his feelings by telling him he's a terrible driver, although he is. Nothing would be gained by telling him so except to hurt his feelings. If I could figure out a way to improve his driving without hurting his feelings, I would. But I can't. So this thread was a nice outlet.

In one case, because I love the person and don't want to hurt his feelings by telling him he's a terrible driver, although he is. Nothing would be gained by telling him so except to hurt his feelings. If I could figure out a way to improve his driving without hurting his feelings, I would. But I can't. So this thread was a nice outlet.
if he doesn’t know he’s a bad driver, or worse thinks he’s a good one, then telling him he sucks is almost a mercy killing.

id prefer to be told than wonder why you don’t want to get in the car with me anymore.

i’ll take the ugly truth, always.

Would a defensive driving course help? Take one together?

Would a defensive driving course help? Take one together?
No. On order to get him to take one, I'd still have to suggest he needed one. He's safe, you understand, just not smooth. It's okay, I can live with it. I didn't intend to ask for advice. Midnight asked why people can't say these things and I answered from my perspective, that's all. I put my original comment here just to vent and it helped, so I'm good.

No. On order to get him to take one, I'd still have to suggest he needed one. He's safe, you understand, just not smooth.
Most insurance companies give a discount for completing such a course whether you need it or not. Getting a discount on insurance costs is a worthwhile thing and does not imply that the course was actually needed for safety reasons.

Back
Top Bottom