Things You Wish You Would Have Known?

I Hate Battery Powered Anything, They Aren't Strong Enough In My Opinion.
Depends what you need to do, I think. I have some really good battery powered "stuff". I have an electrical staple gun, though I think a battery one would be ok. It doesn't need a lot of "grunt" to whack in a staple as long as you are using soft wood. I have a battery impact drill and it's good enough to use on my (metal) cocky cage.

The Battery Powered Saw And Nail Gun Peeve Me The Most. The Nails Never Go All The Way Through, And I Can Never Saw All The Way Through A Board. So I Mainly Do It Manually or with a Corded, or Air Compressor. But In Reality It's What Your Preference Is. Mine Don't Matter, What Works For Me Might Not Work For You And Vice Versa.

Depends what you need to do, I think. I have some really good battery powered "stuff". I have an electrical staple gun, though I think a battery one would be ok. It doesn't need a lot of "grunt" to whack in a staple as long as you are using soft wood. I have a battery impact drill and it's good enough to use on my (metal) cocky cage.
I've loved battery powered drills since my brother gave me one for my birthday in 1980! In the 90s I was making and installing custom draperies and with ladders involved, anything cordless was perfect. When I need extra oomph I always go to a corded tool.
I have an electric stapler, but it does skimpy staples which would work with hanging fabrics, not driving those big staples. I am going to check it out!
Many thanks, to all of you.

My moto for tools that I don't have and need...want...is "if it's free, it's for me" I do a "barter for borrow" deal with a neighbor that has every tool imaginable. Whatever I need I borrow from him and in return he has free use of my ZTR mower complete with beer in the cup holder. If I have to dig in my pocket, tool rental place down the road for not a lot of $. Ya know, I got that industrial staple gun of mine for under 35$ at Home Depot. Worked good for my hardware clothe and real easy on achy hands like what we got.
By the way my chickens wizened up on me. The wouldn't go for a dusting for a 3rd night in a row! 3 of them flew up to the roost from the start of the 1st ladder skipping the whole walking by me to get to the 2nd ladder all together, the dirty cheaters. the other 2 walked by and got a start of a dusting then chaos come out and there was pandemonium everywhere. It wasn't so much as near what I wanted to video at all, more like a 5 stooges mixed with a "monkey in the middle" starring...me. I could almost hear them laughing at me
This is a mission now...
I'm give them a week or some to forget and give it a go again when they don't expect it! On the plus side...the shop light was perfect!

My moto for tools that I don't have and need...want...is "if it's free, it's for me" I do a "barter for borrow" deal with a neighbor that has every tool imaginable. Whatever I need I borrow from him and in return he has free use of my ZTR mower complete with beer in the cup holder. If I have to dig in my pocket, tool rental place down the road for not a lot of $. Ya know, I got that industrial staple gun of mine for under 35$ at Home Depot. Worked good for my hardware clothe and real easy on achy hands like what we got.

By the way my chickens wizened up on me... more like a 5 stooges mixed with a "monkey in the middle" starring...me. I could almost hear them laughing at me

I'm give them a week or some to forget and give it a go again when they don't expect it! On the plus side...the shop light was perfect!
Couldn't write before, but you are good at painting pictures with words! I am still chuckling at the thought of it!

Yesterday, I threw up my hands (as far as my shoulder would let me) and went to Home Depot for more of those **** fence staples. While there I looked at the staple guns and caved in to a Ryobi cordless crown stapler. You now have to buy everything piece meal, but this was less than one using a compressor, and there wasn't one that was corded. I got the compact battery because of weight.

The things works like a charm. I finished the upper 4 sections in an hour! It was tricky until I figured out where the staple would fire, and they are 1/4 inch wide. They are not galvanized, so my DH is going to hammer in the fence staples every 8" or so.

Today, we start the left side. 3 postholes and various horizontals. Of course I am hoping that he doesn't get any freelance work until we are done, and he is hoping that he gets a lot immediately to pay for all of this!

Couldn't write before, but you are good at painting pictures with words! I am still chuckling at the thought of it!

Yesterday, I threw up my hands (as far as my shoulder would let me) and went to Home Depot for more of those **** fence staples. While there I looked at the staple guns and caved in to a Ryobi cordless crown stapler. You now have to buy everything piece meal, but this was less than one using a compressor, and there wasn't one that was corded. I got the compact battery because of weight.

The things works like a charm. I finished the upper 4 sections in an hour! It was tricky until I figured out where the staple would fire, and they are 1/4 inch wide. They are not galvanized, so my DH is going to hammer in the fence staples every 8" or so.

Today, we start the left side. 3 postholes and various horizontals. Of course I am hoping that he doesn't get any freelance work until we are done, and he is hoping that he gets a lot immediately to pay for all of this!
Wow a Ryobi?? I been wanting one of those. Wanna barter that with a ZTR mower with a beer in the cup holder?
wink.png
haha! I got a Dewalt and it's good but I still been wanting a Ryobi. Glad to hear you made so much progress on your build. Uh...by the by, what's DH mean? My wife says it might maybe mean "Dear Hubby"

Back
Top Bottom