think she's inbred ? Pics Added post # 11

Quote:
Now that is a special little girl!! She is a pullet right??
lau.gif
Hard to tell with feathers like that?? Absolutely ADORABLE!!!!!

It is all to common a pratice for Hatcheries to cross breeds and market them as Pure bred, most times the hatchery will dictate to the breeders what to mix them with, this is one of those cases. She just happens to be a hatchery mix breed with the mixes never being known.

The "Sightly Defective but Otherwise Adorable and Here to Stay Club" has quite a lot of members, I think. Top knots, crests, weird feathers, funky combs, extra toes, absent toes, webbed toes, even no eyes......but we love them in spite (or maybe because) of their difference.

AZBootsie.....this little girl is, indeed, a pullet with crazy curved backwards feathers on her wings. Not SQ
gig.gif
or even vaguely normal looking, but a little sweetie.

6chicks&aduck...that little girl is pretty, clucks, looks like a hen and will lay eggs......what more she folk want?

I have a red Brahma girl that I thought had maybe roosted below someone and got her head poo'd on a couple of months ago. I brought her inside to wash out the matted feathers and found out that they aren't matted - she has a pony tail! It's actually something like a large skin tag with feathers, so it looks like she is always having a bad hair day. She's pretty nearly grown up now, and "Pony" is her name. It's actually on one side, so is more like a pig tail, but I just can't call her "Pig"!

Back
Top Bottom